data-csrf="1711666281,427ee4c1a2799977d8bbe07b75edcd52" Going to find out what theses are all about. | As Real As It Gets

Going to find out what theses are all about.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I traded my Tacoma on a F-250 this year.

Needed the room, plus a camper is in the near future. But I do miss my Toyota at times. Great trucks. I really wish I could fit in the old ones, I'd keep one around for a hunting rig. I'm about 10" too tall for them though!

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Always struggled to see the love for these. For over a decade 100% of these in my "road salt for six months" part of the world had the frame rot out from under them. No kidding - to this day, every dealership has two frame piles out back: One new, one rusted to dust and heading for the scrapyard. If Ford, GM, or Ram did that people would be done with them forever. And Toyo's vaunted customer service is purely a result of losing massive class action suit. For some reason I'd love a diesel one though!

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
Always struggled to see the love for these. For over a decade 100% of these in my "road salt for six months" part of the world had the frame rot out from under them. No kidding - to this day, every dealership has two frame piles out back: One new, one rusted to dust and heading for the scrapyard. If Ford, GM, or Ram did that people would be done with them forever. And Toyo's vaunted customer service is purely a result of losing massive class action suit. For some reason I'd love a diesel one though!
The local auto salvage yard I do a lot of work for had the contract for the northeast to crush all the Tacomas Toyota had to buy back because of that issue. They had hundreds of them waiting to be crushed.

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
The brine solution they spray on the roads here rot a lot more frames than just Toyotas.

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
I've always been a Toyota fan; Wife loves her Highlander (second one). Was in the dealership and they had an article of a Tacoma going 1.2 million miles; The driver was a nuclear medicine courier. Engine went for 880K before a swap and it still had it's original transmission at 1.2M.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Don’t know about the new ones, but I’ve run 2 of the 80’s and 90’s versions up north of 330k before selling or giving them away still running just fine. Current one has 207k and I plan to have it for at least another 100k.
I’ve owned Honda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge. I like Toyota’s.