data-csrf="1711721342,8d142e2355b889ae159bb22754cb9b68" 2,000 yards | As Real As It Gets

2,000 yards

Sean P.

May 10, 2009
North Idaho
Visit site
I am trying to break the 2,000 yard mark in the next couple of months or so. This is as far as I have made it and it should not be a problem to get there. What I am trying to find out with no luck is what the longest 30. cal shot ever made was?
[video:youtube][/video]

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That much inclination is going to pad distance. It would be hard to quantify the "longest 30cal shot",because but a small fraction of LR is within an organized environment.

I'm sure someone with a Garand in the Big One,connected at 2K with irons. Same goes a Doughboy and his Springfield in the festivities prior. Volley Fire and CBS are vastly different things,especially with no constant in regards to relative target sizing.

Numerous 1K and beyond games,are gunned with iron sights yet today.....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It'd take some "novel" thinking,to seperate accuracy from any distant equation. Though obviously,missing is something you are knowed up upon.

Such things seemingly horn up the Air Soft Crowd and their giddiness is seldom masked...which do provide unbridled humor,for them with more than 40 fucking IQ points.

Stupidity do work in mysterious ways............

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
I hope I have a camera handy the next time I miss something...

LOL

Is your real name Robb Cobb, or Bobb Robb, or whatever, the famous VarmintExtreme writer ? There is an uncanny resemblence.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
"Prove" that you are a daydreaming fucking wannabe hack,well shy of her first clue? That is glaringly obvious,throughout your amazing breadth of sheer fucking stupidity.

I reckon you find it comforting,to suck that bad,at so many fucking things(though admittedly,I find it curious that you feel compelled to reiterate the obvious). Great time to muse what you do for a living,so as to really ring the fucking bell. Someone may take pity and slip you some good intel through the drive-thru window,as you hand them their change.

Your insecurity is well fucking founded and it is hilarious that you ran like a little bitch,when I simply hung some pics on your Wannabe Site.

Go double charge an Ultra with 180+grs of powder and shoot some video of a miss,then be sure to get in way over your head about the melding...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Proof is in the pudding,as per always:

Sean's stupid fucking words,

"Mike, a close friend went to our target range this afternoon with three friendsiwhile I was at work. He has a 338-06 that he was practicing on some Steel that we have set up at 600 yards. Mike along with myself and many others that are serous about shooting long range do not shoot “off the shelf” ammo. Mike, because of lack of time, has his ammo reloaded for him by a very close, elderly friend. As he was shooting at the 600 yard target, he changed his ammo to a box of 200gr bullets the guy had given him to try.

When Mike fired the first 200gr round, he thought he felt some blow back in his face. But after a thorough inspection of the rifle and 200gr ammo by Mike and one of the others, it seemed fine. On the second round the gun blew up in his face. I was not there when this happened but after talking to Mike and the details about what had happened it sounds like the 200gr bullet was accidentially charged with 2 grains more then the 180gr loads were. You see, when you are loading your own ammo, the heavier the bullet, the smaller the powder charge needs to be because of the chamber pressure. So, when you step up from the 180gr to a 200gr bullet, you actually step down in powder used…..not up as these were.

This is an example of the great care that needs to be taken when reloading. Check your work and then double check. If you are ever interupted while loading…stop and then start over when you come back. There are some serious consequences if even one step is missed and possibly death. Not only is there a risk of injury to you but people around you as well. You can imagine how you might feel if your lack of care, or an oversight perhaps on your part, caused someone to get hurt or killed! Any way, it looks like Mike will be fine. He has about 300+ pieces of copper/brass shavings in his right eye. But with care he should be back to normal in several weeks.

So I would like to ask everybody to pray for Mike and his family. Pray that the healing will be fast and painless and that his family stays strong knowing that someone far larger than you and I is in control."

About 97 scoops of stupid right fucking there...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
She has an uncanny knack,for stupidity:

"One thing about long range shooting as it relates to hunting, is when you shoot the animal that you are after you want it to go down, like “DRT”, Dead Right There. If you place your shot behind the shoulder you will kill the animal, but it will probably not go down right away. Now, if you become proficient enough and shoot a Deer at 1,000 yards you don’t want to go over there and have to search the county to find it. So here is my tip. The place you want to shoot the animal if you want it to go down is high in the shoulder when possible. When you do that, the animal doesn’t have the ability to stand on its front legs and it will fall right on its face. Keep in mind, that when the animal is quartering away that you shoot for the opposite shoulder. Even when you aim for that shoulder, you still hit the vitals and the animal is usually dead by the time you get there."

One can only imagine the amount of bloodspill it took to formulate that goatfuck. Hitting shit where the goody ain't,is a dismal recipe for success.

Laffin'.............

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Wow...SeanP, please pay no attention to the nay-sayers, and post more. This is gonna go somewhere, and I've a feeling I like where it's headed...

Painless

Administrator
The pm I got from him the other day....

Sean P. said:
I am sorry to say that I am going to be leaving your forum. I run a forum myself and have not been pleased by the way things are ran here. I was looking for a place to talk about things I enjoy with people that like same but that what is not here.
My response.......

Painless said:
don't let the door hit you in the ass........

AxeMan

Feb 24, 2008
and this was just about to get real interesting, Sean get your ass back here......or are ya' yella'

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Some serious entertainment over there. I haven't seen anything like this since the days of OneLung...

AxeMan

Feb 24, 2008
The boy wont post until he's got it on tape, he's a scorned puppy and by the looks of the beating Stick threw on him it's gonna be ahwile.......................pussy ! ! !

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If'n a man is gonna miss,he may as well do it in style and sadly...the video linked was lacking even that.

Wasn't even a close miss,but you know the balance is pretty fucking ugly,if'n that rated an upload..............

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Looking back, wish we could have kept this SeanP guy around a little longer. Think he was looking to be recognized as an expert on something, and it's too fucking funny reading his posts here and on longrangeshooter.com not to consider the entertainment possibilities in the situation...