data-csrf="1711701246,70356449e3033e8755d665c1be1b69f0" 6.5 Creedmoor Purple McSwirly | As Real As It Gets

6.5 Creedmoor Purple McSwirly

jpipes

Jan 21, 2008
TX
My gunsmith gave me a shout, letting me know that he wasn't happy with the way his engraving turned out on a 6.5 Creed barrel that he worked on for his personal hunting rig, and he wanted to start over...so he gave me first dibs. Tough to sneeze at dropping $500 on a brandy new Sendero contour 19.5", Bartlein 8.5 twist with spiral fluting, chambered in 6.5 creed, threaded for my can, and ion bonded. We spun it on my Deviant, checked headspace (which was perfect), and we are off to the races.

Gunning a Triggertech trigger at a touch over 1 pound, and I've been impressed thus far. Debated going with a Game Scout or similar here, but the A5 can't be bested...especially in TCU purple.

100 Rounds of factory Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor on the way for FF anf familiarization duties, and then working on a new load with the new 143 ELD-x's and Ramshot Hunter.

Love the shorties. Aaron Roberts is an awesome guy to work with.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That's sorta heavy 270-ish(which is an MTU Bart').

What mags,rings and glass? At what COAL do you smooch the 143 Hornie?..............

jpipes

Jan 21, 2008
TX
Big Stick said:
What mags,rings and glass? At what COAL do you smooch the 143 Hornie?..............
Rolling another NF 2.5-10x32 compact mil/mil, with an eye towards that new Nightforce SHV. I can't shake the tacticalness, and I have a spare set of TPS 30mm's that are supremely heavy. Love that scope, though it could do better at lowlight.

Will update on the smooch ASAP, thinking it'll shoot either way.

Big +1 to Lapua for throwing their hat into the 6.5 creedmoor game...might get small rifle primers to boot, and I have Tula SR primers for days...win/win.