data-csrf="1713511472,a8366935a9ed11a7b2018e9cd6013ca7" 6.5 Creedmore | As Real As It Gets

6.5 Creedmore

MR. 7

Jan 27, 2014
So I went to a public range the other day for the first time in years, everybody is now shooting 6.5 Creedmoor. It's like I stepped out of a time machine. I felt and probably looked like The Doc in Back to the Future movies.

All these 6.5C chassis system rifles, new calibers, huge optics (MRAD only!), fancy shooting "pillows", faggy padded mats to shoot prone off....... WTF happened?

Got lectured about how 6.5C is the shit over my 308. Anyway I hit all their targets out to 1020 yds with my beat up 18" Rem700 using a Leupold 3.5-10x40 with M(fucking)3 knobs. They were looking at me like I was an alien.

Is this shit just the new fad, or am I just an old bastard?

MR. 7

Jan 27, 2014
:grin:I know 308 don't get much love in here but it's what I like.

Haven't played with a 270. I did shoot young buck's new Ruger Precision Rifles in 6.5C.

Wondering what y'all's thoughts are on the 6.5 cartridge. Seems to be steadily gaining solid ground in the long range arena.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Boolits matter more than headstamps.

The 130JLK .264" and it's .600+ BC fly sensationally. A 'Creed will grant opportunity to smooch that in a typical 2.8" box,as well as launch it with greater velocity than anything the Three-Oh-Not-So-Great can muster with any BC in the realm.

Greater COAL latitude,increased BC's,Smoochtitude,flatter trajectories,less drift,reduced time of flight,higher impact velocity and reduced recoil ain't exactly "concessions".

From a 200yd zero a Fixed Fucker will take it to the 1100yd line,without touching anything.

1000 Words..................

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
......and the 270 I'm talking ain't the As Real As It Gets version.

Now watch Sticks keyboard blow up.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've sadly shot more .277" Winchester than anyone I know,which is a bitter pill to swallow.

Because I've got all the T-shirts,I've gotta have a very GOOD reason to go L/A and the .277" Win ain't even close to compelling..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Their COAL latitude and throat geometry,preclude much,in said appolication.

It never ain't not about the big picture and folks is always in a hurry,to fuck same up.

Why that is...I'll never fucking know...............

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
It's just gotta fit in the mag box, the rest will work itself out. Lotsa shit in the bigger picture.

JCM

Jan 8, 2013
So I'm back and forth in considerations on a lw 6.5.... Creedmore or 260AI. Standard box I'd be Creed but this action has a 3" mag box so I'm favoring the 260AI with Laupa brass available.

Give me a push one way or the other.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I enjoy it when them who NEED to ask questions,suddenly have all the "answers".(grin)

Mechanics can ONLY be aligned,when twist,throat and COAL jive...if/when shy of that,one is making needless concessions,whether they "know" it or not. Boolits matter farrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps and it is entertaininger than fuck,when that constant is missed in conjunction with the above.

Few savvy these facts and most go outta their road to fuck it up. It gets better when musing Reloading and hilarity reaches new thresholds,when Reloading enters the equation,because most all go outta their way to fuck that up too.

In fairness however,I really haven't broken that many sets of LW's,even though I'm into Safe Queens.

Once someone has seen all the dots connected,they cringe at the very notion of concession(s)...but few ever see the light. Side by each extrapolations are an excellent way to let other see facts in action and are reliably tough on feelers,but a boon for the economy.

Have yet to see ANYONE in the flesh walk away and continue as they were.

Hint......................

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
I lost my pencil and can't connect the dots. Just gotta make this piece of shit go bang in somewhat of a general direction. Good news is no reloading woes as that ship sailed. Well, UPS'ed anyway.......

Life comes at you fast......big picture.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
JCM said:
So I'm back and forth in considerations on a lw 6.5.... Creedmore or 260AI. Standard box I'd be Creed but this action has a 3" mag box so I'm favoring the 260AI with Laupa brass available.

A 3" box would negate everything shorter than a 308 hull for me. Improved rounds are often great and I've prolly seen a couple.(grin)

With 3" of magbox wiggle room and assuming it to be a Blood & Guts rifle,I'd be veddy veddy tempted to throat a 6.5-284 in accordance and rock same.

Brass consideration is yet another important facet and Lapooey is routinely tough to whoop,in most applications. They do nice thangs in both 6.5-284 and 260.

A 260AI would be tough to cuss,as a more Utilitarian platform,to see greater round count than a Dedicated Killer. I've long believed in the 284 Win Spawn as housing serious Mojo and that "hunch" more than continues,as it is a fabulous case design,when COAL allows and you have it.

Sorta touching along upon several tangents,I prefer my Montucky Six Twat-Six over my Laser Fucking Beam,due it's svelte/lithe nature. Performance is same/same,as capacity is same/same. The .473" Montucky L/A's nether regions are trite,as compared to say a 700's and the Six Twat-Six's case length/boolit length are easily accomodated there,when throating is given a thunk. To exceed that bore diameter and increase BC,one must increase projectile length and upon a parent case of like length,you quickly amass COAL concession(s). It never ain't not about the big picture.

There'd be no holds barred,in a 3" garage for a 260/260AI and that dot alignment,would make a L/A 270 Montucky very tough to suffer in extrapolation,from a Performance standpoint. I know of noone who could take that sorta hit.

The 130JLK at 3000fps(260AI),just might gobble up Real Estate,slip wind and leave an impression upon victims..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've seen it all and "Toldjaso" is easy to assign. Have had 100's of folks that were gonna "show" me sumptin',which has as of yet to happen,though I'd sure LOVE to see it.

Few can begin to assimilate,the role boolits have in the equation. If you aren't launching the best of what's available,someone with lesser capacity,lesser barrel length,lesser action length,lesser recoil and lesser ES/SD...is gonna bring lesser drop,lesser drift,lesser time of flight and higher impact velocities to the table. That fucks with heads and more than "sorta" diminishes the "appeal" of Factory Wrapped Ping Pong Balls.

If Factory "bang" is your bitch,then the 308 is your Huckleberry...due the R&D cast it's direction and boolits stuffed in same.

Hint....................

MR. 7

Jan 27, 2014
Lotsa great info. Thanks....

Reasons for using Huckleberry ordnance is because it's available. No smiths in my area and mailing shit off to have custom work done is out of budget. Got to make the best of what I got.

After shooting the Creedmoore with its better ballistics and much less recoil than a 308 I was tempted to try something new. Not much available and primarily - affordable, in 6.5C other than factory Ruger set ups.

Fixed Fuckers! Got one. What's your advice on the SecondFP 3-15 MQ? SWFA has a good sale on then right now. Package comes with Butler Creeks and a sunshade. $450 shipped.

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
JCM said:

Lapua makes 6.5 Creedmoor brass too

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Never not interesting,to gun a herd of platforms side by each,in like conditions.

Variables ain't my gig..............