data-csrf="1711630060,e225311888ecea516c640a0a3e656dfa" 700 ejection prob | As Real As It Gets

700 ejection prob

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Was out today playing with the 143 ELD-X in my .260 and the ejected brass is hitting the scope and falling back in the action pointed backwards. I cleaned it all up and ground a CH off the relief cut of the plunger with no joy. Suggestions?

On another note the 143 ELD-X's are shooting pretty unbelievable considering how much they are jumping from the mag box. Reloder 17 had things going pretty fast, but 4451 ended up a better place to be as the ES/SD is incredible and accuracy is as well. Just wish I could fit more in the case.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
SWFA? I had the same problem on my TIkka 223 and put an O-ring around the windage turret, nestled up against the knob. No problems now.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Yeah it's got a 6x MQ on there. Doesn't seem to be hitting on the windage knob but I'll throw an oring on there and see if it fixes it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I tend to analyze a touch deeper.

Never seen it on a .378" or .473" by anyone,but have run into it a couple/few times on .532" S/A 700's. I'd be looking to see what/when/where it is kicking loose of the boltface and see where the trajectory curve of same is,in relation to the ejection port and most importantly it's rearmost recess.

Issues I've seen in the flesh,is interaction with the rear of the cut out and it changing flight characteristics of literally spent brass. Throwing a radius on that inner meeting surface,much changed how thangs left the building and one can literally steer same as per whim.

If that is 100% golden,I'd then look at ejector plunger spring tension and simply adjust it to suit. Kinda/sorta liketiming '10 Krunchenticker ejection,as there are often some acute angles involved with the deflector and the plunger tension can be absolutely crazy.

I've clipped alotta ejector spring coils,to be nice to brass and keep things in proximity,though on the average I'm catching/swooping empties into my off mitt as they clear the receiver,even on movers and double tapping a boltgun.

There should be some telling brass streaks on the receiver,to pinpoint the malady.................