data-csrf="1711619798,c41433d32931fe141cd70d6111cdbfa9" Any of you boys ever fuck with rail guns? | As Real As It Gets

Any of you boys ever fuck with rail guns?

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
So had an idea to build a rail gun that i could bolt rem sa and clones into to testbed barreled actions for accuracy potential so as to eliminate shooter error. All the rail guns i have seen use a barrel clamp system my design would bolt the action in and let the barrel hang. What do you guys think? May be a cool way to do load development also curious as to how things would change when bolted into a stock.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
The crux of most experimentation is to limit variables as much as possible, then carefully change one at a time until the changes allow an understanding of their unique impact. In that respect a rail system that secures the action would allow the best theoretical testing of a barrel's accuracy. One attached to the barrel would most readily allow tweaking the action itself. Neither would indicate anything useful about the stock, unless you could "bed" the action and torque it in in some functionally identical way. But maybe you could.
The "rail gun" would be interesting all by itself, but I think it'd have to be something that was more - a lot more - "rail" than gun. Like a BIG chunk of concrete with a precision clamping device bolted to it.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Shouldn’t be all that difficult to set up some universal bedding blocks similar to the Whidden V block system.
Would be fun to play with.

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
Some pics of real-deal rail guns for inspiration.-Al

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?91480-Railgun-unlimited-picture-thread

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd be stretching that bitch out...fucking screaming in laughter,as something soaked 'em up in another zipcode.............