data-csrf="1711651311,543b89fa3736c8f94cc4e5f272180338" ATN THOR HD 384 or 640..Anyone have one? Thoughts? | As Real As It Gets

ATN THOR HD 384 or 640..Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Rman

Jun 4, 2008
Calgary, Canada
Looking at seeing at night. Been kicking this around for a while... Are these things junk, do they work well to say 300 yards and resolve detail? Is there anything better for the money?
Please chime in with some experience!

Thanks!

R.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I picked up one last year with the thoughts of filming some coyote hunts at night, but alas, it still sits in the box...I got sidetracked with other projects and hunting season.

Black powder season is over on Saturday, so I'll find out more about it after that. I have seen a lot of people who mention battery drain and making sure the firmware is updated...

Rman

Jun 4, 2008
Calgary, Canada
Rolltide said:
I picked up one last year with the thoughts of filming some coyote hunts at night, but alas, it still sits in the box...I got sidetracked with other projects and hunting season.

Black powder season is over on Saturday, so I'll find out more about it after that. I have seen a lot of people who mention battery drain and making sure the firmware is updated...
Be interested in the intel!

R.

Pappy

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been running a THOR 640 5x 60z for a couple years, nothing short of amazing as far as I am concerned, only one I have ever been around so cannot compare. Snow cover night I can see jackrabbits at 6-700 yards, coyotes coming in from 1000+ and elk sized critters at 1+ miles no problem. That being said if I was getting a new one or replacing this one I think I would go with the IR Hunter MK III 60mm 4.5X-35X as it has adjustable turrets on it. Good stuff, just had mine out last night.