data-csrf="1713954449,40fc6f3554f43bb5e404811bcd3c1b31" Back from a trip..... | As Real As It Gets

Back from a trip.....

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Buddy of mine's wife pulled a spring grizz draw down in the southern chunk of the province, in the Kootenays. Seeing as its been a long time since any of us have pulled a permit down there, and we used to hunt it together every May, myself and another buddy made the tour down.

Left my place at 5 am, and we rolled into camp at 1:30 am, was a bit of a drive.

Haven't uploaded any pics yet, but I did get some shit on video that is likely some of you southern boys don't get much of a chance to see.

We'd spied a boar up on a slide, and three hours later we were perched clinging on the edge of the slope just off into the shade. Had the wind, but it was a pain in the ass to cling there for 10 hours. At one point we had a couple of timber wolves wander by, so I shot some video....Not oftern you get to video wuffs at under 30 yards. And if we hadn't of been waiting on a grizz, the two that wandered up would've been testing media for 168 tsx's....

Later on, (like 10 fucking hours later) I opted to take a peek at the slide behind us, and slowly sneaky-styled my way up and over....Managed to get about 200 yards up the hill, and hit a fresh grizz bed....Took a quick look around, and noticed the boar out on the slide, 90 yards over....Sneaky-styled my way back down to where I'd left the others, and low and behold, She was on the rifle already....Sorry for the shaky vid, but I was trying to not roll any rocks (we were in an old burn) and get everything on vid one handed while hanging on with the other. Not a real big bear, but decent enough for an interior bear.

Didn't work out though, no bear blood spilled.

Managed to get close to another one too, but we didn't pop any primers on this one either....Notice how steady the barrel is while she's peeking at this one....Not bad for a sub-30 yard grizz.....Especially when the cubs walked out......grin

Will upload a bit more later when I've got more time.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Got about 15 minutes, if not more of it.....

When my buddy was hitting the squeeker the male walked up on us to our right.....to about 10 yards. Got some vid of that too that I should upload I suppose.