data-csrf="1711696374,5af1370fa5db7d778c8d8158997eae07" Binos-bang for buck! | As Real As It Gets

Binos-bang for buck!

GeorgeS3

Nov 30, 2007
Good ole Louisiana
Some azzhole lifted my binos , Leica Trinovids 8x42's outta my
truck a few mins ago along w/ 2 ingrams and my
Leica 1200 rf's...What do yall suggest??? I had great luck w/ these
the last several years....
lowlight vision was great! Can't do 10's cuz I have tremors...
Need em Now!!!

HELP!!!!!

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
That is probably a big enough claim to turn in on your homeowners policy. You might want to talk to your agent about it before you do turn the claim in though.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'll always take used goods of repute,over a NIB piece of shit.

If my shit got swiped,I'd re-Classic in seconds.............

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I'm fully aware I'll catch hell here....

But I can't cuss my vortex vipers. Only had em 2 years though.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I never found a better deal than my Leica's. Long as nobody drops them over the side of the boat, I don't have to spend money on binos for...ever.

I did look through a set of Vortex Razor 10-40ish while looking for sheep and they were very nice. Funny that the first time we hunted this area (2 years prior), he had Nikon 12X and I spotted every ram. This time, we were right at even, and he made some spots from 2.5+ miles.

4th_point

Dec 4, 2013
Oregon
George,

CL has 10% off, including demos. I bought demo Conquest HD with the 10% off. I like them alot for the money. Leica may not allow the discount. Call Doug or Neil. They still made me a great deal on a Leica 1600 though.

If you're looking for something really low bucks, I've got a pair of 7x36 ED2 that have been great. Brighter than 8x30 SLC-neu I had, and equally as bright has my new 10x40 Conquest HD. They have a cult following for low budget binos. Mine will be for sale soon now that I have the HD.

Jason

GeorgeS3

Nov 30, 2007
Good ole Louisiana
The Classics work great in wide open when I can
prop em on something...Have tremors and 8x is as powerful as I can use....
The Trinovids worked till way after shootin hours were over,
the Classics,not so much!

277/480

Dec 26, 2009
I hope they catch the rat bastard....

I love my Leica binos , spotter , and range finder.
I'd have to replace with same.

257 Wby Mag

Feb 16, 2008
Chehalis, Wa
Shitty deal. Lots a of different opinions opinions, got any buddies with different makes you could try out in field conditions? The big 3, swarovski, Zeiss, and Leica are all top notch shit, swarovskis warranty is or used to be the best. I run swarovski 10-50's, 15-56's, rangefinder and st 80 spotter, never been disappointed...

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
Trinovid 8's @ $850 are a bargain, Eurooptic still has some left according to their website.

Cabelas Euro/Meopta Mostar HD's @ $559 for 8x32 or 10x42's @ $839 are also both well worth the $$.

Tanner

Jan 24, 2013
Colorado
I'm using the Meostar 8x32s and they are indeed the shit. Favorite binocular that I've personally used.

Tanner

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
I bought a cheapo 6x30 Leupold Yosemites for the wife to use to see what all the fuss was about. They are pretty good for the $65 I have into them. I'll probably take those when hunting the timber.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
Did some side by side with Vortex Vipers and they are either impressive or I have a shit set of Classics.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
Dunno, had the Vortex mounted on a tripod and Classics sitting on top. Interesting Fo sho. Only thing I didn't get to do was low light stuff.

Butcha aint gettiin 'em back bitch..... :grin:

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
Calvin said:
I bought a cheapo 6x30 Leupold Yosemites for the wife to use to see what all the fuss was about. They are pretty good for the $65 I have into them. I'll probably take those when hunting the timber.
been wanting to get the girls a set of binos to start using.
Would you recommend the 6x30's ?
Are they easy to focus and can you lock them down once focused?
Recon that would hold up to a 6 and 9 yo?........... Grin

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
16Bore said:
Dunno, had the Vortex mounted on a tripod and Classics sitting on top. Interesting Fo sho. Only thing I didn't get to do was low light stuff.

Butcha aint gettiin 'em back bitch..... :grin:
I'm guessing the low light will be where you see the big difference, and it won't be friendly for the classics.

I compared a set to my ultravids, and they are brighter than the ultras.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
raghornjp said:
Calvin said:
When I see you, I will let you borrow them so you can make up your own mind. I like them.

4th_point

Dec 4, 2013
Oregon
raghornjp said:
Jake was 2-1/2 years old when I took this pic of him using the 6x30 Leupos. His brother was 7 then and they shared the binos, so the Leupos took a beating.

Grease in the focus mechanism is stiff and can be hard for some kids to adjust. I would help them get the focus. We've busted numerous eye-cups but other than that they seem to take a licking.

7mmMato

Dec 22, 2009
nw misery
I got a set of 6x30 yosemites. I keep them in the truck all the time to save wear and tear on my good bino's. Hence they are always in truck when I forget my good ones at home. So i have used them quite a bit. They are a damn good glass for $65.00 If you spend a lot of time looking thru them your eyes will get tired but for woods hunting they work great and seem to work good in low light. Im probably gonna buy another set to keep back for when I lose or ruin these. The eye cups suck they wont stay up but tape cures that problem.

Tanner

Jan 24, 2013
Colorado
257 Wby Mag said:
For "cheap" glass I like th he meopta's, pretty decent glass....
Which ones? The Meostars I've got are as good (to my eyes) as some of the Swaro 8x30 and 32s I've used. Maybe not quite as solid as the 8x32 EL, but I've found a bunch of critters with them in one season... Good in shitty light too, which was a nice surprise.

Tanner

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
6x30 yosemites are great, but focuser can be stiff. Kind of a narrow FOV, but most everything in it is sharp. Anything better that's worth owning will cost a LOT more.

I'd say it's great for a kid who is hunting with you (and your good glass), up until he's old enough to work and save and pay for some or all of a better pair.

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
Vek said:
I'd say it's great for a kid who is hunting with you (and your good glass), up until he's old enough to work and save and pay for some or all of a better pair.
Girls are 7 and 3 and each have a set of Zeiss Classic 8x30's sitting in the safe for when it's time. 7yr old currently lays claim to Leica 8x20's when it's binoc time for her.

257 Wby Mag

Feb 16, 2008
Chehalis, Wa
Tanner said:
They're worth a look... Dang good little glasses

Tanner
Picked up a pair of classics today, dude sent em back last year, all lenses replaced blah blah blah, for $350... fuckers are pristine, think the mavens are better? They're not swaros by any stretch, caint find any maven dealers around?? Might trip em depending upon popular opinion.... Later

starsky

Jul 17, 2012
Colorado
I dig the Mavens mucho. I think they've got a return-if-you-don't-like-them system. They only sell off their website I believe.

Never owned classics, did have a pair of Zeiss Conquest 8x40 ABK's. They got replaced by 8x30 Mavens. FWIW.

Tanner

Jan 24, 2013
Colorado
257 Wby Mag said:
Tanner said:
They're worth a look... Dang good little glasses

Tanner
Picked up a pair of classics today, dude sent em back last year, all lenses replaced blah blah blah, for $350... fuckers are pristine, think the mavens are better? They're not swaros by any stretch, caint find any maven dealers around?? Might trip em depending upon popular opinion.... Later
Tough to say. I used ClassiCs for a few seasons and have only looked through starsky's maven 8x30s for a few minutes. Maven's definitely have the advantage of being a newer binoc with new coatings. Both are solid without a doubt....

Tanner