data-csrf="1711660873,e73b14aa53d0846c2a311e751cac2a46" Bow sight | As Real As It Gets

Bow sight

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
What do you guys like for a 4 or 5 pin sight on a hunting bow? I would like micro adjust, but it's not a deal breaker. Sword? Hogg? Sure-loc??

Jeff

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Guessing that you're setting your bow up to reach at least 50+ yds. so, I'd go with the Spot-Hogg. Two reasons, you can custom size your pins, and you've got 3rd axis adjustment. All is a benefit when shooting at longer distances. This sight can be custom ordered to your needs. Web site.

Second pick would be a slide adjustment sight. HHA Model DS-XL5519 .019 pin. There's no 3rd axis adjustment and you have to live with the pin size no matter the distance.Web site.

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
Prowler,

How do you adjust the pins on the Hogg, allen wrench?

Are the Hogg's really worth the extra dollars?

Thanks....Jeff

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
I believe they are allen wrench and all micro adjust. At least the ones that I've seen.

I had one in my hands a while ago and didn't pull the trigger. I have a HHA adjustable similar to the one in my previous post. It's actually all that I need. IF I were looking for a fixed pin sight, a Hogg would be screwed to my bow. Also I've heard good things about the Hoggwrap fiber system.

The whole setup isn't cheap, neither is anything that's top notch. If I were making a trip out west for mule deer or elk, I could justify the need. But for WT hunting here in PA where 35-40 yard shots are about on the extreme end of the shots, one adjustable pin will work.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Also, if you are serious about getting a Hogg-it sight, put some serious thought in the pin size and distance they would be allocated for. A .039 pin is a bitch at 50yds. unless you're shooting at a car hood.......'grin'

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
It really sounds like the Hoggs are the best, but at almost $200 for a sight and the wrap, Damnit that's hard to justify.

I'm going to try and find a local shop with the Sword sights?

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
I have a Hogit that i use for 3d shoots, but for hunting, this year i will be using this. My wife figured i wanted it for xmas and she did good :)
G5 3+1
http://www.outdoorsexperience.com/g5optixxr.html
It has 3 fixed pins and the 4th pin is adjustable. Everything is micro adjust, Has a kick butt light system that just lights up the fiber optic part of the pin, and the pins are held securely so brush wont break the fibers too easy. the Spot hog fiber optics last about 3 days hunting..

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
Prowler,

Thanks for the link.

Glen,

A guy here at work got the G5 XR last year and loves it. I keep bugging him to bring it in so I can see it in the flesh. Any issues with it rattling or running out of adjustment??

Jeff