data-csrf="1713993783,ab336fe2a9a49645b7c55be05a46c384" Cancer Sucks | As Real As It Gets

Cancer Sucks

Painless

Administrator
Wanted to let you all know that I was diagnosed with throat cancer last week. Not exactly sure where I am with it at this point. Have an appointment Monday to see what the fuck. Will try and keep you guys updated as I figure this out. Wouldn’t mind if you guys kept me in your thoughts and maybe send a good vibe or 2 if you are willing

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
Sorry to hear Blake.....a good friend of mine fought throat/oral cancer a year ago and is doing great right now. Another buddy had it 15 years ago and came out on top also. And yet a third had a terrible time with it and is doing pretty good too.

I'll be sure to "send one up" for you.

7mmMato

Dec 22, 2009
nw misery
I don't post a lot on hear but you have my prayers. Had a battle 3 years ago with colon cancer and have whipped it so far. My Brother in law had throat and colon cancer a little over a year ago and has it whipped. Good luck to you. Best advise I got is keep doing what you always do as much as you can. You are whipping it it's not whipping you.

I Had Cancer Cancer never Had Me!!!

jack mountain

Feb 6, 2014
VA
Positive mental attitude is just as important as any treatment. Treatment can be tough but you can do it. Show that mother fucker who's boss!

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Sorry to hear it Blake. We will be thinking about you and sending thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong and positive. You can get through what it throws at you

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Prayers for you and your family.

Have seen it beaten many times.

Stay strong, positive and have faith.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Sorry to hear about this.

My FIL just fought through this, hope yours goes as well as his. He was most pissed about losing his taste buds.

Prayer are en-route from here.

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I don’t pray either. But I firmly believe hard work and determination will win the day. I’ve got several friends who’ve beat different forms of cancer. You can beat it too!

Painless

Administrator
An update for those interested, spent most of the day today at the hospital meeting my team of doctors. It looks like we have caught this early and we have a very good prognosis to cure completely. Still several months of chemo and radiation to get through but everything seems to be going my way

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Good to hear man. Please do keep us in the loop, and let us know if there is anything we can do to make it easier.

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Painless said:
An update for those interested, spent most of the day today at the hospital meeting my team of doctors. It looks like we have caught this early and we have a very good prognosis to cure completely. Still several months of chemo and radiation to get through but everything seems to be going my way
Just read this thread & that's outstanding to hear today.

Best wishes & I hope for your quick & full recovery.

MM

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
Painless said:
Good luck with this.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Well fuck. Sorry to hear the initial post Blake, but good to see that it was caught early on.

By all means follow your dr’s treatment regime, but research thefuck out of pot oil treatments. LOTS of folks find that really effective.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
KodiakHntr said:
Well fuck. Sorry to hear the initial post Blake, but good to see that it was caught early on.

By all means follow your dr’s treatment regime, but research thefuck out of pot oil treatments. LOTS of folks find that really effective.

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
Blake, all my best to you. In my profession, I saw many successes with this type of cancer. As well, I have personal friends that continue to do well following treatment.

Be well, sir. :) -Al