data-csrf="1713598059,0be89bdee656ce916e0e7f8d54534f53" Christensen Mesa | As Real As It Gets

Christensen Mesa

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Sporty's has $200 off their Christensen rifles, right now, bringing the Mesa to $1050. That seems like a lot of rifle for the money, but I can't decide what chambering I'd want.

I have a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor. I think a 6.5 PRC would be neat, but I'm afraid it'll be a tight fit on their 2.8" short action. I already have a Shaen .300 Win Mag, so I don't need another one of those. I don't really need a 7-Mag, either, since Shaen made me a wicked-good .280AI around the same time. Don't want a .308....nope on the 28 Nosler....probably don't need a .300 PRC.

I think I'd take a 6 Creedmoor, but they don't have one.

What left? Man, I hate having good deals go to total strangers. :D

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Sporty's has $200 off their Christensen rifles, right now, bringing the Mesa to $1050. That seems like a lot of rifle for the money, but I can't decide what chambering I'd want.

I have a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creedmoor. I think a 6.5 PRC would be neat, but I'm afraid it'll be a tight fit on their 2.8" short action. I already have a Shaen .300 Win Mag, so I don't need another one of those. I don't really need a 7-Mag, either, since Shaen made me a wicked-good .280AI around the same time. Don't want a .308....nope on the 28 Nosler....probably don't need a .300 PRC.

I think I'd take a 6 Creedmoor, but they don't have one.

What left? Man, I hate having good deals go to total strangers. :D

Take the fresh loot saved and apply it towards a Vudoo and never look back...mainly because you won't....................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
When Mike let these pics go,some time ago...it kinda' hinted that something "might" be in the works..................(grin)

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Bringing this back up....

How do you like the Ridgeline, Calvin? I'm waiting on a Christensen Ranger 22. I'd like to see one of their Mesa Ti's, as well.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Not entirely on topic but will add this.....

I picked up a Christiansen Mesa take off stock and whilst doing some inletting and opening up the barrel channel I had a fairly bad reaction to what ever they use for filling and shell. Never had any adverse reaction to whittling on a fiberglass or kevlar stock but whatever the hell they use in these is some bad stuff. Wear gloves and a good dust mask/respirator if you have to do any mods to the stock.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Dan,

I like it but probably wouldn’t pay nib prices. Had to get gre tan treatment on bolt, and it dents case mouths on extraction. Shoots very well though.

when you add a good scope, not a lightweight by any stretch of the imagination