data-csrf="1711714388,1fe4bb07952c57be649bfb147c8b6c14" Faux Voodoo? | As Real As It Gets

Faux Voodoo?

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
The way I see it, we're living in the Golden Age of Rimfire...

The more companies that bring out new products like the Bergara, the better.

Possible patent infringement aside, if the Bergara rifle makes it to market, there will be more people buying them and that will lead to more innovation.

Ruger rolled out the RPRR a year or two ago, Begara offers this one and the same day the Bergara was announced, Savage announced a new bolt action .22 in a chassis. Anschutz has offered their rifles in chassis for a year or two now. Several companies are now making chassis for CZ's, Savages, etc...

The new offerings from the optics manufacturers is impressive as well. Although I haven't spent any time looking through the Vortex Diamondback or the Bushnell Match Pro, these scopes were built with the NRL22 and .22LR PRS type matches in mind. While these scopes may not be exactly what everyone is looking for, they will fill a need for many, especially those who are looking for a low cost entry into rimfire shooting or rimfire competition.

The ammunition manufacturers are going all in as well... Both Lapua and Eley have recently developed new ammunition geared toward the precision shooting crowd and longer range rimfire matches.

With manufacturers from all sides developing new products specifically for a relatively new shooting sport...we all win!

Sorry, this started as a simple post and then I got carried away...!

nimrod1949

Mar 1, 2010
n. idaho
I hear you Rolltide! I’m hopeful the Bergara will be a shooter and the street price will be below msrp. I wish them the best

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm dubious,given the lack of CRF. CM metal is a bitter pill. Stepping on toes with the mags,don't paint a purty picture either.

Would love to see a High Zoot Tuurnbolt,that sipped from Ruger Rotary mags....................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
I’d sure like a flush mag option for this type of rifle. I just can’t get warm to the huge mags hanging the way they do.

If Bergara copied the mags they’ll pay the price I’m sure, if not then more power to them they’ll be a nice lower priced option for us paupers.....grin

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I get the AICS footprint and why it's wanted for many. It's one of the very things,that makes Vudoo a Vudoo.

That being said,everyone else's Rimfire mags are pieces of fucking shit,except Ruger...which swings windows of opportunity open...................

Reactions: snowchaser

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
20200815_102317.jpg
I Picked one up yesterday. It's a steel barrel version that I hastily bedded in an Outlander stock w/stealth dbm. My first impression is that it's pretty fantastic. Factory trigger is around 2lb at it's lightest, and breaks clean. No function issues and it shot my bulk AE 40 grain stuff really well. The AE ammo accounts for 90+% of my supply, so I cant provide any real variety testing. I hope to do more shooting tomorrow and will post an update.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
A friend bought the carbon barreled version a few weeks ago. I was more than a little impressed by it when checking it out.

He swapped out the factory trigger for a TT Diamond and wrung it out shooting some Center-X.

We only put a couple of hundred rounds through it...but I could see someone buying one and being happy, especially if they don't want to spend Vudoo money.

To be clear though, it ain't a Vudoo at all...but it's not a Salvage either...