data-csrf="1711709785,a45d1977a8a7e5c207af11a436ee52af" Finally bought a generator, for camping and huntin | As Real As It Gets

Finally bought a generator, for camping and huntin

partsman

Dec 9, 2007
West Kelowna BC
I am hoping this works, friend has a Honda 1000UI I think, anyway he says mine is not bad for sound and such, and looks to be a better deal for what I got compared to his.
costco up here had them for 459.99, out the door it was $515.19
Am adding a link to video I made of it running.

$459.99
The McCulloch® FDD210 digital generator is perfect for emergency power at home or temporary power at your campsite. It can operate televisions, stereos, computers and much more. The inverter technology ensures stable current output. The FDD210 is enclosed and insulated for better noise reduction and its suitcase style design makes for easy carrying. McCulloch® generators are designed to give you dependable quiet operation for years to come.

Features:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v135/partsman/Generator/?action=view&current=MVI_0006.flv

partsman

Dec 9, 2007
West Kelowna BC
Very true, that is the unknown quantity, I have heard good things about them, but no long term use reports.

I actually will only use it for I would say a two week vacation for a couple hours a day and for hunting a two week trip for a longer but unknown length of time.

So I have a feeling it will last alright in my use, but it is true that some things need to be run or they will not stand up either.
Time will tell.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
My brother in-law just financed one with his new travel trailer........Yamaha, and man is it quiet, though it outta be for $3,000 plus.

partsman

Dec 9, 2007
West Kelowna BC
Well I have not heard a Yamaha, but the Honda I borrowed was really quiet.

And the fellow who owns it said mine was pretty decent for noise level, and thought it a good deal.

But you get what you pay for, so will see how this one goes.

Huntr

Jan 3, 2008
Honda motors rule! AS a former motocross racer that was had regional support from Yamaha I can say that!!! grin