data-csrf="1713867948,23e96cb716d7462c08d3cb5cbf4e2285" Fishing Highlights | As Real As It Gets

Fishing Highlights

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Aside from today's snow flurries, spring fever is biting me pretty hard. Here's a little video I put together with some fishing highlights from last summer. FIgured I'd throw it out there in anticipation of the pending season.......

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I admit that I haven't mastered the cold, dead stare that's famous around these parts. I'm still a rookie in the eyes of most, so I guess I'll have to keep working on my Darth Vader smile.

There's a little of everything in there from last summer......Deep Creek, Seward, Whittier, and Valdez.

I don't think we hit Homer last year, but we'll make up for it this year. I hear the guy at the Deep Creek tractor launch is raising his price from $45 to $60 this year. I talked to two charter guys at the sports show this weekend. One spent $10K and another spent $20K in launch fees last year. The new price might justify buying your own friggin' tractor.

Tyrant

Nov 21, 2007
SunnyVale Trailer Park
Dan In Alaska said:
I admit that I haven't mastered the cold, dead stare that's famous around these parts. I'm still a rookie in the eyes of most, so I guess I'll have to keep working on my Darth Vader smile.

There's a little of everything in there from last summer......Deep Creek, Seward, Whittier, and Valdez.

I don't think we hit Homer last year, but we'll make up for it this year. I hear the guy at the Deep Creek tractor launch is raising his price from $45 to $60 this year. I talked to two charter guys at the sports show this weekend. One spent $10K and another spent $20K in launch fees last year. The new price might justify buying your own friggin' tractor.
Dan,
for those prices would my buggy work ??

I will only charge 50.00 a shot.
Norm

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Saw a guy launching boats off Whiskey Gulch in a truck without half the the rubber that one has. Not sure if the beach is steeper there or what, but he didn't seem to be having any problems.

He had a front mounted hitch, and I can see where that could be good and bad. I say get to it Norm.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
How big was the boat, Chris?

There are some big 8 & 10-pack charter boats, weighing 16,000 pounds or more, running out of Deep Creek these days. The log skidders do a hell of a job dragging those pigs up the wet, sandy beach with the trailer tires digging in the whole way.

I'm sure Norm could find more gratifying ways to trash his buggy. :grin:

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Dan In Alaska said:
How big was the boat, Chris?

There are some big 8 & 10-pack charter boats, weighing 16,000 pounds or more, running out of Deep Creek these days. The log skidders do a hell of a job dragging those pigs up the wet, sandy beach with the trailer tires digging in the whole way.

I'm sure Norm could find more gratifying ways to trash his buggy. :grin:
Boats were small... 22' would have been a monster, and most were in the 18-20 range. But I'm also thinking most private folks aren't running 30 footers, and those are the people frustrated with the deep creek setup, from my understanding.

You're probably right though... dipping a rig in the salt repeatedly doesn't do it any favors.