data-csrf="1713900911,fc99d94a99261c768083f9a790bde30a" FMJ's? | As Real As It Gets

FMJ's?

Drew

Feb 23, 2011
Anyone shooting FMJ's? I've been doing okay with Maxima Reds but was thinking of going a bit heavier. My only concern would potentially be a small loss in speed but then again the thought of more punch is pleasing.

I'm not having any issues, but with the new bow, I figure why not tinker, right? For reference, I picked up a Prime Alloy. Smooth, smooth draw.

Drew

Feb 23, 2011
Either of you have any recommendations on a heavier carbon arrow? These Maxima Reds are light and fast, but even with a 125 grain broadhead are too light per our great state of WA.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Drew

My buddy has been running Black Eagle Carnivores with his 70lb Mathews Heli-M setup. Took several whitetail with said setup. He has not had a problem with them what so ever.

Also if this matters if and when they break hanging out (port/starboard side) of a deer they break clean. No splintering in his experiences with them.

This is why I now recently switched to them for my 80# setup. Same buddy is running them with his new 80# Elite Impulse 31 setup.

I purchased two dozen from eders at $83/dozen raw shafts and fletched them. Under $100/dozen fletched.

BTW, the Carnivores are pretty light for their spine.

Black Eagle do carry other flavors if your wanting a heavier arrow for Ke.

minengr

Dec 7, 2010
Harrisburg, IL
I bought a half dozen to try with my XLR8. They seem to shoot a little better, but it may be that I actually practiced a little more this year. Although it was all for nothing, had a shit season and never got to take a shot.