data-csrf="1713567501,374aaf14eb5b50858974586af601f326" For bumps in the night......... | As Real As It Gets

For bumps in the night.........

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I didn't expect you to be a leather guy... How does it hold up to the weather you get up there?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Leather don't hold moisture,as much as nylon do. If/when you saltwater saturate nylon,your best move is to throw the shit away. With leather,you can squirt insides with Teflon or Corrosion X.

Good leather,lasts purty good.

Kydex is noisy and not much in the way of comfy.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Kenai is Skookum and easily the BEST Kydex Utility Pitch going.

The Heinie Tritium 8's are killer and I got luckier than fuck,by just eyeballing square with my sight pusher and they were on THE money. Didn't have to file anything to adjust height either. 34 plastic sights,are no fucking prize,which will come as no "surprise" to anyone.(grin)

Will set my other 34 up wearing FF3,as a MOS Play Toy,fully expecting a puke............

Jamie

Nov 17, 2007
Oly. WA
I've been shooting 1911s and badmouthing glocks for a long time.
After spending time yanking the trigger on a 34 a few thousand times, I have a couple of glocks in my collection.

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
Yeah, I like G4's better than 3's, but I bought a 19x with the Gen 5, G-17 frame on it & with the connector only (no springs), it has far & away the best Glock trigger I've ever pulled & all my others have been given some TLC 7 are all better than good.

I really like that Kenai chest holster.........does that fix the gun more or less in the middle of the chest?

MM

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Rather centered and you can add/subtract the anglein which it rides,by which side of your noggin' the vertical strap rides.

I wear it to port,for a more vertical presentation..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The more I shoot/handle 34's...the more I like 'em.

A Kenai'd 21 is a cumbersome bitch,in comparison................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
What's good about the 34 with the optic? Balance better? I usually think sight radius with a long slide, maybe a little less recoil. Never shot one.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Not enough mass in a FF3 to skew balance/handling. 'Dots are simply wayyyyyyyyyy faster and more precise,than Irons.

The 34's virtues are it's OEM trigger,ergo's and recoil management............

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Having used my Kenia chest rig long enough to start figuring out how to jettison the big buckles and other fluff I ran into a pard who had a rig already trimmed down. Its trimmer, less fluff, and cheaper.

https://survial-sheath.myshopify.com/products/the-chest-rig

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just took a Bear Waltz and only saw (1),but it was 5' away before I saw it.(grin)

It happened to be within' 10' of the last time/place I was charged and I thunk that rather novel. I cain't say enough GOOD thangs about the Kenai and the Crimson Trace laden 34. Had the 1D4/300 2.8 Big White on my back in a pack and the new Canon videocamera threaded through a Kenai buckle.

Pistole was in my mitt,before I knowed it and easily fast enough to win...but she whirled and fish hooked me,to get my wind,sp zero drama involved.

What a GREAT way to amble along,slippin' the shadows. I'll see if I can upload video from the new camera,as it too,do nice thangs and catches the red laser rather well.................