data-csrf="1713257046,acc2d6b457ccd8f5b444f8d8c1dcb360" Holster | As Real As It Gets

Holster

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
What do you all like for a holster for a semi-auto?

Gun is question is a CZ 75. I'm open to suggestions and photos are a bonus.

The

Jul 24, 2009
Its a Secret
Kydex is the only thing I'll buy anymore. I have had leather and I still have a horse hide, but the Kydex is all I ever use. The Kydex has a "lock" feeling when you are holstering and unholstering. I carry everyday and I would buy a Blade Tech again, and Kydex is cheap compared to everything else.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
What kind of holster?

I have a lot of CZ's, and a lot of holsters... I prefer the Bladetechs if talking anything not concealed.

Need one?

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
I've tried Galco for leather which I liked but now use a Blackhawk Serpa paddle for my G36. I've tried shoulder holsters vertical and horizontal and like the vertical better. I like the paddle the best cause the easy on easy off.

J Elky

Dec 7, 2007
J-Hon,

I was thinking of a paddle type, OWB.

Let me know what you have and prices if you want, PM is fine.

thanks.....Jeff

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
I have the non secure type fobus which ain't bad but I wouldn't want to wrestle around with a weapon in one. I used the hell out of a few Serpa's on deployments and really like them, though I have broke two paddles. Both times I was kitted out strapped into a MRAP. Thinking the armour pushing down, the seat belts and hard seats where to much. If you're all geared out and want a leg holster the safariland is tough, can be shifted around and keeps you shit out of the dirt (kinda). But for cool factor leather is it.

Blade techs are supposed to be nice though I've never used one.

On deployments we make fun of the guys with shoulder holsters. Seems you can directly graph the relationship between never leaving the wire and wearing hodgy made shoulder holsters.

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Yeah I think the Fobus frankly sucks.....

The paddles are easy to take on/off, but I'm still into belt-fastened setups myself. I think they are generally more secure, thereby giving me a better draw.

Bladetech has a pretty awesome setup called the Tek Lok which basically is a snap:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Tek-Lok-Utility-Belt-Clip-Large-pr-841.html

I'm running that on nearly all my belt mounted stuff, and dig the hell out of it. I don't feel it's really much if any harder to take on/off than a paddle, and it's stout as can be.

jds44

Nov 18, 2007
East of pullit, West of Painless
I like Comp-tac in Kydex. I have a couple of the Infidel IWB holsters and like them alot. I'm not a paddle fan and would lean the plain Belt Holster for OWB.

Comp-Tac

The Raven Phantom looks like a sweet OWB holster and gets good reviews, but I haven't tried one myself yet. I think the wait on them is long at the moment.

Raven

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
OWB goes to the BlackHawk Serpa for me.

My carry work goes to the IWB clip model from this company...

The Holster Store

This is the best $30.00 you'll ever spend. I've had mine now for about 2 years and it looks brand new. This outfit in Florida makes a holster every bit as good as the top brands, including Galco, Milt Sparks, Bianchi, you name it.
Their stitching is tops and the form and fit are excellent.
I was a little hesitant about the clip-style holster until I got this one. I've never had it come loose while drawing and reholstering is a one-hand operation. Excellent comfort too.

Those guys are worth buying a pistol just to fit their holsters.

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
Great link. They're either using Cuban immigrant labor, or selling their holsters at cost to build up their name. Those are crazy prices for USA made holsters.

Spencer SS

Dec 5, 2007
da Bayou state
Lot of worthwhile stuff out there, some good ones have been mentioned. I don't use a holster much outside of competition and work, but I do use a few kydex ones for fullsize carry. Most of the time I carry my LCP in pocket or tucked in my waistband. I prefer not to have a retention lock, like the serpas; I haven't had any problems with my pistols falling out of the sqeeze-fit kind, but I have had issues drawing from holsters with locks.