data-csrf="1711622496,e0ee1022628fef5ac6a4602b62a1e350" Illuminati on an M1A? | As Real As It Gets

Illuminati on an M1A?

remsen

Dec 9, 2007
Danville, CA
last year I got lured into the fixed fucker camp on the black friday sale and found the change to have been pretty dang worthwhile. So this year I'm thinking about going along for a ride on the illuminati train. I have a few ARs in the works that could host the illuminati but I'm really thinking about trying one out on a rifle that I would like to use a lot more...my M1A.

It's nothing fancy, just a loaded M1A in a McM stock and it certainly ain't shooting bugholes, but it can send a lot of projectiles downrange at a good clip in a fairly reasonable group. I was thinking about putting the illuminati on it for some long range hooliganism.

Any reason not to put an illuminati on an M1A?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Due M1A weight/length,I'd default to a 6x MQ on one.

I rather dig an Illuminatti on light/handy/svelte/short rifles,but on a Clunker that'll never be wielded in sucha fashion,I'd rather 6x MQ.

Be worth a try though and if it ain't what you thought...it'd be a smooooth transition to a Krunchenticker instead. Biggest hurdle on a '14,is a rock solid mount and that's easier said than done. An integral White Feather-ish 1913 receiver rail should be a production mainstay in my book.

Always liked 'em,though a '10 blows 'em away.............

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
We had M110's and M1a1's on the last deployment. There are some decent M1 mounts there, but not many. They rattle loose really easy if not serious quality.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I originally bought my 10 x fixed fucker to ride an M14. it worked very well on it. I agree with stick id go 6 or 10x myself. As far as mounts go have had best luck with Sadlak, ARMS 18, smith enterprise, and a pile of guys up here have had nothing but good things to say about the m14.ca mounts.