data-csrf="1713537824,8cd24430d15e24f39efd635cd342dd0f" Kali 224 Speedmire Build Thread.............. | As Real As It Gets

Kali 224 Speedmire Build Thread..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
OK...Greg had a Bart 1-7" 3B 27" blank on the shelf and it's rolling to Kali. Turn the bitch to Rem Sporterish(.620"-esque muzzle),short shank it,Deep Throat the crown at 23" and staple .100" freebore into the prick. Gun for .259" neck clearance,as it's gonna be an Alpha Show and it might get dirty.

Nabbed a Marty 45MOA 1pc rail(#306-56) from Mile High and it's rolling to Kali. Just weld it on fairly straight and poke screws in it for "looks".(grin)

If the receiver needs love,love it up as per your whim. PLEASE punch a seater stub with said throating and humor points awarded,for doing so with a Mean Mug. Fuck the finish...I'll rattle can the whole fucking works. I'm gonna be solely in LRP Mode,so don't fret bushing the bolt. Build it like you own it and your discretion/decisions is more than good enough for me. You don't gotta explain,just fucking do it.

I'll need "224 Speedmire" on one side and "Bart's FUCK Kriegers" on the other...mainly because it is true.(grin)

KungFu the shifter,by either working on the OEM,or adding new,but just make sure the bitch is WELDED in place to the bolt. P.S. and by the way,feel free to wire wheel any/all extra paint away,because there is likely "some" on it! I'll yard the trigger off and include a recoil lug.

She's gonna be a fucking Trend SETTER,I assure you.(grin)

Obliged..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Extry bolt is a .378" that needs the handle welded/threaded and pin turned.

Should all arive together.

Obliged................

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
This is going to be GOOD! great idea !! looking forward to a well detailed and photographed build report from starting it to shooting it...
Shaen gonna be waaaaaaaaay famous... (grin).

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I likely do have knobs somewhere. Tried to order (6) more last night,but Site went wonky.

If you have something laying around,throw it on there.

22" as per our last communique............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Actually,it'll be a new barrel on an old platform...so will be Faux Ti.

I REALLY like the Faux McMillan Terrains,but would wan't more contour,to balance their typical mass...……………….

Pappy

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Cleaned on the gun shed a bit this morning and it was better than any Christmas I have had. Found shit in boxes that I had bought before I left the Slope when I had cash on hand to buy such shit. Found all the parts to put together another 22 creed, forgot I had enough to build two and the first is a peach so I thought I better throw another together. Hawk Hill tube at 18" twisted tight, Savage ultralight action, MDT LSS, Oh ya, Alpha brass of course!

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hell...I remember those parts. I can't remember who built you the barrels though? Greg?

Get it slammed together and barking,you'll love it.

Alpha has 224 Kreedmire brass now...…………...

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
And the baby bolt is bushed, pin turned. Will be using the factory lug, it mics out within a couple tenths which is as close as I’ve seen a factory lug. Still have barrel work, bolt handle work, and the angry seater stub...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This living vicariously is rough on a fella...I'm not certain I can take it.

Looking GOOD and can't wait to get the paint out!...………………(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Word on the street is,rifle is done and boxed up.

Gonna be a Hardcore PEACH...………………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hopefully once The Kali Krew is outta the mountains,they'll hang some pics and particulars of the build.

From what I've seen via pics slipped to me,it's rather Skookum...…………………...

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok one more. I used some scrap 3” Rmax for packaging in a McMillan box. Worked great and might help others out. I know packing the things can be a pain.
926EC226-2A38-477F-A6CB-C781E27B7803.jpeg

Reactions: Cuando

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I told him it's gonna almost be a fucking shame,to open tht purty packaging!

Alpha Virgins lay in wait,'17 is trembling on the shelf and there's more than a few moly coated 88's raising their hands for flight trials.

I'm not fretting nothing...……………………….

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Beings you are gonna plunge,why wouldn't you do it sooner...than later?

A zero recoil .545BC at 3250fps,do NOT suck.

Seen it................(grin)

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I might do that... Probably need to shuffle some rifles around a bit, but won't be till after hunting season.

You staying ADL on the TI stock? Will be interested in a weight, when the paint dries.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
COAL is a non-issue as configured and ADL is warm/fuzzy to me.

Weren't built to be "LIGHT",just Utilitarian. My light one will be upon the next Montucky Donor I can find.

It'll be THE Favorite,by default...…………………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The box rattled.(grin)

NO "fault" of the Kali Krew,but our Mail simply sees some shit!

No holes external.

The sandwich wrap didn't hurt.

LOVE the 45 MoMo Marty Base "glue"!

Someone ain't shabby with a chisel.

(4) 6-48's and TiG!

I ain't fretting shifting gears.

One cain't even tell it was LOVINGLY recontoured.

WoooHooo!........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I specified "Evening Ware" on the Packing Slip.

Am thinkin' them 45 MoMo's are staying put..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
8541's let that "secret" out,decades ago...with magboxes and bases. You're GTG.(grin)

Appreciate your connecting all dots.

THANKS..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Cain't find my bolt knob stash,so just ordered 8 more. Forgot that I have another Triple Deuce coming too,so ordered more shit for it.

Will go bang away with The Speedmire here directly and see WTF....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That welding was supposed to be a secret.. If I had a lawyer he’d be pissed. Haha!! Shoot a few from the hip...

I figured that cat was outta da' bag,with the very first Post of the thread that denoted WELDED.

I'll pay your legal fees.................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Still too much fog,to shoot very far this morning,so I'm dabbling...while awaiting it to lift.

Glued and screwed right proper tight.

Was gonna paint the stock,but I like the 600 grit finish!(grin)

Groovin' on the whole enchilada.as it was well thunked out and executed PERFECTLY.

She's a BAD Bitch..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nice when load "development" only takes a few seconds.

The Smooch Bucket is MONEY.

Slacked it .7gr from my other one,just because Bart's are snug........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
VERY happy with new parcel. Didn't even take the chronograph and forgot my camera...but didn't shoot much past the 1300yd line(wind).

Will yard it apart and bed it,then play with forend pressure,to settle it down even more. Have a trigger enroute and that prolly won't hurt Production either.

REALLY glad I did this and now need a Flyweight in Montucky.....................

QUOTEREPLY

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If only because folks been asking.

Like anything/everything else,there's multiple routes to the Finish Line. While nobody LOVES bushing dies more than I,especially when paired with something as exceptional as Alpha...I can't like the route for Virgins,even if not driving false shoulders. The mail is HARD on Riggin' here,so everything gets necksized,to round same and equalize neck tension. To do so,I want an expander ball,because it's simply the ONLY way it'll happen.(grin)

So I drive a 90% neck length sizing via Redding 22-250AI Neck Die,for Virgins. After that and barring gross disfiguration,it's straight TiN expanderless sizing,to positive headspace.

Numerous ways to seat too and it mainly depends upon boolit profile. For 224 Speedmire 88's,I rather like the Redding 22-250AI Comp Seater. For 75's,I prefer the RCBS version of same(only in grey boxes).

All of my 22-250 AI's are SAD..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just dabbed the 'lug and let 'er float...which made groups nice and round.

Low ceiling again today and rain.

Wind just picked up and will get rid of the Pea Soup. Hasty trio at the 250yd line,MPAJ. backer wasn't hanging as pictured,the scribed line was horizontal,should that make a fuck to anyone.

Would like to poke to forend pressure,but cain't as configured,because while I KNOW it'd simmer down even more,it'd also bump POI higher and I'm bottomed out on the erector and would have a move,less a scope swap. I'm not really in love with the 3-9x,as it gets muddy at about 7.5x up. I LOVE Fixed Fucker rear parallax and miss it.

Should poke it in a gelcoat McMillan and really see what she'd do...but I ain't sad........................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Recoil inlet was about 3 recoil lugs deep.(grin)

I'm comfy setting upon pillars,with a dab...nothing is going anywhere,unless I want it to................