data-csrf="1713567469,f9557d7ce4955b2cfcfc34a91c2cf201" KelTec any good? | As Real As It Gets

KelTec any good?

Buster

Aug 19, 2008
I've a hard-chromed Kel-Tec P3aT that's never missed a beat. It's what I carry when I can't carry a real gun.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
Buster said:
I've a hard-chromed Kel-Tec P3aT that's never missed a beat. It's what I carry when I can't carry a real gun.
That is what I have as well as a blue one as well.

The Sig was not around when I bought mine. I have a 32 and a 9mm
I have talked to several on the Kel-Tec's and everyone I have talked to that bought the 380 (which came out 2 weeks after I bought my 32) says the wish they had the 32. They say that as small as the Kel-Tec is that the 380 is hard to hang onto. I can not say as I have never shot one in a 380. I know my Colt Mustang was a hand cannon in 380

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
I've been carrying a blue 3AT for a few years also. It would make "smilies" before I broke out the needle files and Dremel, but it's been great since then. BTW, a buddy came over last week to show off his little Ruger LCP-------a COMPLETE forgery of the 3AT but prettier-----and I noticed his gun makes smilies too, so it's not just a cheap Kel-Tec issue apparently. Easy fix regardless.

SeanD

Aug 5, 2008
People bash the keltecs, but my P3AT has been flawless. It actually shoots decent too for what it is. Better than my Kahr with cheap ammo if you can believe it. Its the everday gun for me for the last 3 years.

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
This is a good time to plug Eezox. I've managed to keep my 3AT from rusting during 3-4 years of daily carry in my pocket w/o a holster-----------rough duty in warm weather. Corrosion-X and other oils rub off, but Eezox dries on and stays put.

Wader

Feb 11, 2008
SW Washington
I recently shot a KelTec and a Sig P238 side by side. The KelTec is a lot of gun for the money, but...if I were carrying for self-defense, I'd get the P238 in a heartbeat. The sights are way easier to use and you can comfortably get two fingers on the grip below the trigger guard. The P238 feels like a mini 1911 in your hand.

I've no doubt that a KelTec is decent choice (especially at half the money!), but the P238 was several steps ahead of the KelTec.