data-csrf="1713590160,202949ada28eeb567e927272ec92c81f" Low SS Fixed 6 MQ mount for Fieldcraft | As Real As It Gets

Low SS Fixed 6 MQ mount for Fieldcraft

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
What's the most rugged low mount I can stick on a Fieldcraft to hold a SS Fixed 6MQ? I have one in the Talley 20MOA on my Forbes 6.5-284 and hoping to find something more robust than the Talley's but slightly lower. Be great to machine the Horn rings and mount them directly to the Fieldcraft, but that's not gonna mate up that spectacularly.

JCM

Jan 8, 2013
I've been running Talley base with Seekins lows. I'm very tempted to give TLW's another try for the lower height but I hate to risk it.

I spoke with DNZ about making 30mm low Hunt Masters for the Fieldcraft. They said they would make me 3 sets for $440 per set.....I declined. If there was a large enough order they might be willing to do it....said it would cost them $2000-$2500 to design/print/program/etc on the first run.

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
That's insane jingle to do that!!!! All any scope ring manufacturer would need is the surface data from Barret on the area of the receivers and they're in Bizness to set it up on their 3D software and do a small amount of re-design of the base to match the ring shape. I used to do that sorta thang and it ain't hard...At ALL!!! Could run a prototype in 2 days I bet and sell those things like hot-cakes.

JCM

Jan 8, 2013
The cost caught me off guard. I don't know anything about what it costs them to setup and produce a new ring but I didn't want to pay for it all.

I think the rail and Seekins is the best thing going right now. I'm running it on 3 of them. Someone pointed out that Leupold makes a rail for the FC which looks to be a carbon copy of the Talley for a few $'s less.

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
I saw that Luppy rail while I was ordering the Seekers on MidWay. I probably woulda put them in my cart, but they were out. Ended up grabbing a $47 Talley from CheaperThanDirtnap, which was the cheapest I could find.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I want 'Horn inclination,so roll Signatures for the extry 40 MOA cushion,with a total of 60 MOA in the system...............