data-csrf="1713581107,db09f9ea34a67a17a7436a5f9116dc9e" Metallic Photo Prints.............. | As Real As It Gets

Metallic Photo Prints..............

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
I had a photo uploaded to Artbeat but ended up just ordering from Bayphoto. Might order another from Artbeat tonight too of something else.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Grandbaby will be here in a couple days and will burn up some Pixels on him,playing in water and with fish.....................

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
Any of you guys try acrylic prints yet? Thinking it may be worth trying. My mom wants a pic of the northern lights that I took a few weeks ago. We rarely get to see them down here.

Both night shots were with the Rokinon 14mm, and all I did was pivot on my ass to face the opposite direction. The waterfall was with the Canon 16-35 F4

Milky Way-6889

Elliot Falls-6831

Milky Way-6987

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
The acrylics are very nice..

I would ask the lab to look at the file you send before printing to make sure it is bright enough..

They tend to print a half stop or more dark.

YMMV..

Nice work

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
CRAZY Snowy Owl numbers,as in a few dozen a day. Saw a crazy one doing tricks yesterday and couldn't figure out WTF. Come to find out,he had a herd of Teal pinned on the water and was dive bombing them. The Trombone at max focal,cost me a coupla stops of light and I was crying the blues for not have the 1D4/300 2.8 Big White slung over a shoulder. Banged some frames and they'll either be spectacular or dog shit,as there seems to be no middle ground.

The Carbouski are rutty and squirrely,but no GOOD bulls and rather poor light on the average. Snowed again yesterday,out of a Pea Soup ceiling.

I could get into this Photography stuff......................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Can't wait to see them if they turn out well. I'm no photographer, but I sure love it that some of you guys are! Sunsets and water are cool, but the critter pics are just fascinating to me.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
White Foxes were cooperative today,but there was NO light to sweeten the pot. I gunned frames,but they're gonna be awful flat.

Carobouskis are getting Primed up and the goofy rutty bastards are funny to watch. Need some soft pastel light,with frosted ground and steam rolling out in front of them bugged eyes.

We shall see....................

Reactions: dznnf7

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
White Foxes were cooperative today,but there was NO light to sweeten the pot. I gunned frames,but they're gonna be awful flat.

Carobouskis are getting Primed up and the goofy rutty bastards are funny to watch. Need some soft pastel light,with frosted ground and steam rolling out in front of them bugged eyes.

We shall see....................
I'm jealous of how much you get to see on a regular basis

My shooting this weekend consists of a wedding tomorrow. I would much rather be going somewhere outside. But these few side gigs pay for new gear so it works out well.

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Had some flailing Velvet in the wind today,but alas...the "light" remains drab.

Might be enough contrast in cape/velvet/eyes/backlit water,to pull sumptin' off.

Should trudge out to the truck,retrieve an SD card and see WTF......................

A

AldenSef

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
A

AldenSef

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
J

Jerodmut

• Deleted by cwh
Show…

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
Same thing here. I saw some swans yesterday that I was hoping to go track down this morning too

Bummer about the light for the fox....that could have been incredible

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I might have some rather good ones on the card,as I never Chimped very hard.

Hate to gawk pics on anything but my IMac,so I don't................(grin)

Reactions: wireman

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
I might have some rather good ones on the card,as I never Chimped very hard.

Hate to gawk pics on anything but my IMac,so I don't................(grin)
What monitor are you using. I have a Mac Book 15" and the Dell I'm using with it is lacking.