data-csrf="1711695283,ecd819fdf1f17145892785a21f3cdf23" New bow | As Real As It Gets

New bow

Painless

Administrator
Fucking buddy of mine sold his old bow and asked me to go looking with him. That was my first mistake, second mistake was shooting the Halon 6, third mistake was pricing my bow. Got a Stone Halon 6 today and my arm is about to fall off from shooting it. Those looking for something new might want to give it a shot. I did shoot several different bows but the Halon was king......

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Nice looking bow.

Way to short for me though, 32" draw on a 30" axle to axle would put the string angle way too sharp. Been there, done that. I think my peep was about 12" from my eye with a bow that short.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
I picked up a G5 Quest Drive. Haven't done shit to it yet, but 15 years away and everything is light years from what I had.

Figure I'll work up a load for it, reloading should be easy.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
16Bore said:
I picked up a G5 Quest Drive. Haven't done shit to it yet, but 15 years away and everything is light years from what I had.
That will fuck with your mind. Crazy how fast technology changes in goddamn bows and arrows. If the injuns had had todays bows, most of us would have never been.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
Made the mistake of reading some of the gear threads on Archery Talk and quickly shut that door. Taking the ADL/VXII3x9/30-06/Corlokts route with this thing.

At the end of the day, it's just a sharp stick.....

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
I made the mistake of going with my son when he was shopping for a bow last year. We went entry level with a pair of Mission Ballistics. I'm duly impressed that with not having shot a bow much in decades I can keep my shots into a heart/lung sized group at 50 paces. We still need to get our archery cards to take advantage of bow only hunts. Maybe next year we'll do a hall road bou trip.

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
You can stretch a season pretty long with a bow. Why the fuck I haven't been is another story. Mighta been the chain around my neck. Throw in Urban season and it's a September to March kinda deal around here.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Yeah, the Cal bow starts in July and Oregon bow ends in December, can make for some decent hunting. If I don't draw a decent rifle elk tag, I'll general bow elk over general rifle any day.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Jealous.

In my youth, one could jump from bow to rifle to m/l or bow and chase bucks and bulls from September to January in WA. In their infinite wisdom, the legislature ended that a couple decades ago, requiring selection of region and projectile flinger for each critter. Spent a fair number of subsequent seasons in MT and WY as a result.