data-csrf="1711615832,8c2116fd62f9a28592e4c52b0a926e79" New Kimber vs LC9 | As Real As It Gets

New Kimber vs LC9

labdad

Nov 20, 2007
Looking at them myself as a backup. Hard to beat Kimber quality but two guys I know recently pourchased the Ruger's and really like them. If riding in an ankle holster, and they both go bang, I might go with the lighter weight.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I've handled the new Kimber and Ruger 9mms. The Kimber is pretty slick. The Ruger is quite a bit bigger (as your photo shows), and given the choice, I'd buy their LCP instead.

I've had a Kahr CW9 for a couple of years, and for the money I can't complain. It's pretty tiny and goes bang when I ask it to.

clark98ut

Jun 3, 2008
Liberty Hill, TX
Never seen the new Kimber, but my wife's grandfather picked up the new Ruger recently and was showing it off yesterday. I wasn't all that impressed. The frame is really slim, but as you can see in the pic above, the slide isn't. Personally, I'd go Kimber or Kahr, or if you feel like spending some money, Rohrbaugh. Those things are a work of art!

Going_Commando

Jun 21, 2011
NH
I have been pocket carrying an LCP for about 6 months, and love the death out of the thing, but it sure would be nice to have that small jump in caliber to 9mm. Unfortunately, the Ruger only has the safety on the left side of the gun, which makes it a no go for me being left handed. Is that an ambi safety I see on the Kimber?

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
The sights look a lot better on the Ruger, but I refuse to buy any of their "loaded chamber" guns. If it's loaded the damn thing will be sticking up. Either leave it off and go with a Glory Hole like S&W did with their autos, or design the little flip up indicator to be down when loaded and up when empty. They did the same thing with their MkIII .22s. STUPID.

Matt

Jan 9, 2008
Alaska
I like the looks of the new Kimber and might give one a try in the near future. Currently, I've been carrying a XD sub-compact chambered in 9mm.

Spencer SS

Dec 5, 2007
da Bayou state
Angry Scotsman said:
The sights look a lot better on the Ruger, but I refuse to buy any of their "loaded chamber" guns. If it's loaded the damn thing will be sticking up. Either leave it off and go with a Glory Hole like S&W did with their autos, or design the little flip up indicator to be down when loaded and up when empty. They did the same thing with their MkIII .22s. STUPID.
I'm with you on that. I don't like unnessisary moving parts. If I want to know it's loaded, I'll check it the old fashioned way; besideds, if it's not in my safe, it's loaded, and it's never in my safe.

DonaldBeips

Feb 2, 2024
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…