data-csrf="1713498298,6f6c9396236c13c890ed9c9efdf65cdc" New life | As Real As It Gets

New life

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Bilateral knee retread on Tuesday..

Been heading that way for a few years and now it’s a bit past time.

Odd being excited about an operation.

Hopefully this will improve my photography a little...😜😜😜

As well as my disposition..

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Good luck with the surgery.

I had my left knee cut on in 2000. Was told I’d need a new joint in 10-12 years. Going on 19 years now and luckily haven’t had anymore issues.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
One condition my surgeon had before he would agree to doing both at once was that I use his Physical Therapist. Moving my camper to Lewiston day before the surgery.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Good luck, Wireman. Everyone I know that's done the same has come out thrilled with the results. PT is its own sort of challenge and kind of interesting - you learn a lot about how things work "inside". I smashed the shit out of my leg two years ago in a dirt bike crash and discovered a lot of little muscles I didn't even know I had during PT! It can be fun to watch the improvement happen, and worth it to keep doing the exercises after the PT ends.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
PT is going good. Got home last, we stayed in Lewiston for the first week close incase of a screw up.

Wife kicking my ass in home PT and my range of motion is really good so far.

For me the double was the only way to go. Couldn't imagine rehabbing on one bad leg.

Day two I was learning the meaning of pain and when my doctor came in I explained where I was.

He looked at my chart, looked at the Nurse, Says "why hasn't he gotten any pain meds?" She says "he hasn't asked"

Looks almost did kill, been feeling pretty good since then.

Pain management is real and needs to be taken seriously. Tylenol and Aleeve for pain and a little special one once in a while for breakthrough
pain.

Feel like I won the lottery

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Good deal wireman!

Knees and eyes scare the hell out of me. Nice to see that at least one of them can be rebuilt.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Update.
Cleared for anything I want with pain being the red flag to ease up.
I feel like the poster boy for how to have your knees replaced, although not every day was Facebook Fuzzy.
Pain management and strict and I mean strict PT. Plenty of rest between exercises.
Still have a long way to go, but if this was the best they get, waaaayyyyyy better than they were.
Constant bone on bone pain will test your sense of humor, and I haven't had any of that pain since the surgery.
Both at once is still IMO the only way to fly.

Reactions: Rogue

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Congrats on the rewards of following instructions. Had to be TOUGH,but am glad that it's already paid off and you've got more to go..................