data-csrf="1711725426,cdfa019f26bc6350bf8740c5d6506997" new mathews reezen :) | As Real As It Gets

new mathews reezen :)

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
I purchased a new reezen friday after shooting it 1 time. Unfreakingbelivable...

I have shot Hoyt since 98 and this mathews is probably the nicest shooting bow i have played with. Its a bitch to draw back compared to my hoyt, but for the speed its worth it (55fps faster). as a bare bow, it vibrates a little, but setup it just rolls forward nice and slow with zero jump or vibration. Its dang quiet too. I cant hardly tell it even goes off except for the noise when the arrow smacks the target at 335fps..

At 28draw 73lbs it shot a 350gr arrow 335. A full length 55/75 with a 125gr field tip and 4" vains went 305..(guessing 450gr+)

I might be shooting it a bit beside the CNC in the shop tomarow

BIG FREAKING :D

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Mathews are sweet shooters, but it always seem like the cashflow runs short to pull the trigger.
Have shot their Outback, Drenaline, and Switchback............all have been phenominal.

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
I wasnt going to get a new bow. The Hoyt havoc tec has always shot great.
Guys on archery talk were speaking poorly of this one so i just had to go see how bad it was. I honestly shot this bow 1 time and said i will take it. I didn't even ask the price. I paid full ticket @850

Bare, without sights and other crap we put on them it did jump and vibrate a bit more than any other Mathews i have shot. With all the goodies attached, holy crap its nice and fast is a understatement.

Cant wait to send a 400gr arrow thru an elk at 310fps...My antelope and WT arrows will be around 335. Im sure those damn antelope can still go matrix on me and not get hit but its got to help :)

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
I need to check out my Martin again on the speed.......Can't recall what weight my arrows are, other than I'm using 100 grain muzzys, but it sizzled over the chrono in 04 at the pro shop at 322...........

I'm gonna setup my new Chrony and see what she does. At the time I bought the Martin Phantom it was the hot dude in the shop and the owner was more than impressed with the speed. Vibration is very limited, but so far my only holdup on getting excellent results has been me and my target panic. Until about 2 months ago, I didn't even know there was a name for it........Now I'm working on the cure.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
I did take a look at the Reezen. But haven't shot one yet. The Monster is supposed to be a real smoker. I hope Mathews changed the grips a little, they are a tad small for me.

I just bought a new bow last month but I do need another for a back up. I'm not going through the same shit again. I might give the Monster XLR8 a try or just buy another PSE X-force.

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
The slim bows have smaller grips than the older ones. Im not sure about the Monster.

If you shoot a reezen, make sure its set up. otherwise it does vibrate and recoil more than expected.

I didn't buy a bowtech on purpose :)

go ahead

Jul 22, 2008
TN
When I got my Drenalin everybody I was arround was putting it down because of vibration. I got one put the sims stuff on it and made it real nice to me. If I didn't have a 2 year old bow I would love to give the Reezen a go.

I'd think if you can shoot the Black Max well the Monster would be worth a close look as well. I've shot short brace hight bows and when I was on it was great. When I was off it was not pretty.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Greenhorn, I had the Ultra Max (which replaced the Z) for about 6-7 years and really did like it but wanted something new and bought a Hoyt. Then made a fucked up decision and bought the Bowtech. Now I guess I'm on board with PSE. I'm not really loyal to any manufacturer. I buy what feels, shoots the best for me.

The Monster went the same limb design as the PSE X-force. There must be something to it....'grin'

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
Between the Mtns and the Plateau
I like my Switchback XT and I doubt I replace it for a while. I have shot an X-force but that damn thing is hard on the shoulders. It has a pretty aggressive draw cycle and a 6 inch brace height is kinda unforgiving.

The Reezens do look good though. Most everybody is having to wait on theirs though.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Yes, the X is pretty extreme. But slap a drop away on it and brace heights seem equal, as the arrow doesn't touch the rest that extra inch anyway in the draw cycle. You wouldn't need to do a draw weight higher than 60lbs. My 373gr arrow's moving 312fps. I don't think you'll run across a WT that would make that arrow bounce off. Ke about 81ft lbs.

heatseekins

Nov 18, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Visit site
I shot one of them not long ago as well. I dont think you could go wrong with anyones new bows. Its nice to have choices..

The Reezen is shooting better than me and faster than an arrow should fly, so i have nothing to complain about :)

DonaldBeips

Feb 2, 2024
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…