data-csrf="1711674707,0cb418935989541a3259673eaa11ff95" New Side By Side | As Real As It Gets

New Side By Side

W

Warrenraivy

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
S

Sharonchath

• Deleted by cwh
Show…

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I fixed that rear axle leak a while back. Sort of a pain in the ass.

Was hauling my folks out the other day and had some very bad noises coming from my front axle, so tore that whole thing apart. I carted the 3rd member down to our local off-road shop, GTF, who are good folks. They told me the front locker had shit the bed, which apparently lunchbox type lockers do. Gave me some options, one of which approached the price of the truck... grin. So ordered up a new one of the same thing (well, similar). This one is a Spartan locker. Stayed up till 3AM putting that in the other night, then 2AM last night to get the rest of the front axle re-greased and put back together. Hoping to go play this weekend.

The astute will notice that I'm now sponsored by Raineer.

Attachments

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
You win. I've just been repairing a walk-in tile shower leak that blistered the dining room ceiling.

Causes of outcomes are oft intriguing. Water in the diff, beefy wheel load, or like us, just old and worn out?

Astutely digging the "R" spare ammo box on the shelf.....

Last edited:

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I don't know the history on the first locker, as it was in there when I bought the rig. The thing was still registered/plated when i bought it, so if they ran it on the road id expect that would wear it pretty fast.

Got it GOOD and stuck right off the bat yesterday so we walked to the cabin. Just got it pulled out and i do believe my winch is fucked. Took 2 snatch blocks to get out with all 4 clawing.

R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
J

Jerodmut

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
R

Rogerthalt

• Deleted by cwh
Show…
K

KeganSmaH

• Deleted by cwh
Show…

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
PSA:

Recently bought a pair of these LED dome lights off amazon for the old 'Yota. The old school incandescent bulbs seem to get dim over time (or maybe it's just my eyes) so reading maps and the like gets to be rather challenging at night. I could do surgery with the LED replacement! Highly recommended....

SIRIUSLED Extremely Bright 400 Lumens 3020 Chipset Canbus Error Free LED Bulbs for Interior Car Lights License Plate Dome Map Door Courtesy 1.25” 31MM Festoon DE3175 6428 Xenon White