data-csrf="1713534084,566a02c05ea4cda6feacb9195aadfdef" OK, I'll eat a little crow... | As Real As It Gets

OK, I'll eat a little crow...

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
It's been 10 or more years since I've dealt with Boyds laminated stocks. I've had one hiding in the back of the closet as a reminder of how bad they sucked.

Fast forward to about 6 weeks ago when I became the owner of a Savage 10ML-II smokeless muzzleloader. The factory stock was floppy as grand dads pecker and had to go. Boyds was the only supplier that could deliver a stock factory inletted for this rifle in a reasonable time frame so they got the call.

I was quite pleased by the quality of what was delivered. This version of their laminate is much harder than my old stock. I'm still not a fan of the plywood look but all in all it's a damn nice stock for the money.

Their lazer cut "checkering" aint bad either.....

The pattern is called the Prairie Hunter. All three stocks are the same pattern. The gray one is my stock.....

After my buddy finger fucked my stock he went ahead and ordered one for his Ruger American and one for his Savage ML.....

Boyds is turning out one hell of a value these days in these stocks...

standeford

Feb 3, 2009
Tennessee
How was the inlet?

Its has been a while for me as well, but back then their inlet was spotty. Not Richards micro-fit spotty, but not McM spot on either.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Inletting was pretty good, nothing had to be removed from the barrel channel on any of them. The trigger ends were also untouched. Getting the V-blocks on the Ruger stock centered, stress free was the only place that required any thought.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Used a few over the years, 10-22 tacticool and savage mk2 pro varmint. They offer adjustable cheek hardware now as well so pro varmint is a good low buck option. Been pondering one of their walnut jobs with some checkering but they don't really have a hunter pattern I care for.