data-csrf="1713982060,5cffbb903d85152a42dbb1d707474f9d" Rather Embarrassing Question.............. | As Real As It Gets

Rather Embarrassing Question..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
So much for getting ANY help. Operation Freeball is rolling WFO. No promises,but I tried it for the first time.

Luckily,I had a Gunsmithing Hatchet for knocking shit apart.

Checked Nudeness for mechanical locks and the only thing "weird" was a tang bruise. No thang,to chase with a file.

Had never seen or heard of "EZ",so will see what the fuck.

Simply stuffed the Turkey. Used some sorta yell'er twine,to saw Smoothitude. Seems to have worked?!?

Nether Regions were PRISTINE!

Hadta' manufacturer mechanical lock points,due the flawless interior finish.

Hadta' stuff the other Turkey too,mainly because they mate for Life.

I prefer mine Seasoned.

Baste lovingly.

Some grease don't hurt.

Now fingers are crossed,to see what it tastes like.

I'm thinkin' chicken..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Operation Freeball,is chooglin' along nicely. Colors are Skookum and moisture content,spot on.

Purty hot to the touch,but nothing is sticking to the pan.

Seasonings worked rather well,if I say so myself.

I'll let the monkey cook and will taste test the Stuffing,here in a bit.

Might be promising!......................

Apr 3, 2010
Dowling would die the bedding to match the stock too. I get a little lazier than what you are doing and just bed the lug and move on. Can't deny that full action would be better. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Great tutorial per always. How tight on the action screws?

Why the dab in front of the lug?

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
What was the purpose of the green tape?? 😆
I’ve never used that epoxy, might have to try it. Looks like you’re leaving the existing lug love, and adding a pad under chamber?

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I used to use 10110 but the metal in it dulled end mills, and it was too thick for what I want. I use marine Tex and heat it up. It works well but I wouldn’t mind something a tiny bit thinner. What’s the consistency on that stuff?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Dowling would die the bedding to match the stock too. I get a little lazier than what you are doing and just bed the lug and move on. Can't deny that full action would be better. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Great tutorial per always. How tight on the action screws?

Why the dab in front of the lug?

The relative intensity of the bedding,is simply a function of the inlet. No need to bed shit,that's right...and it pays to dump cemnt into the low spots.(grin)

Colors never aspooked me.

The rifle shoots fucking KILLER with the dabbbed lug,when riding said stock,but the fore portion of the dab is cement to fill a prior lug's footprint. Them differences are a touch stark!(grin)

Once a lug is captured,all is oriented,as there's NO fucking way to align things incorrectly. The pillar's heights were golden,but there was a fair amount of slop amidship betwixt same. I tried for a smidge of Seasoning to sear the stern,but it was microscopic thin and I knew prior to,that it was pointless to relieve shit that was golden. It was akin to a sliver of 3M Scotch Tape and pointless,after removing the turkey from the oven.

I'm wayyyyyyyyyy MORE than comfy,in just dabbing a lug and chooglin',if everything else is sound. Given pillar orientation,the fasteners were fucking screaming for mercy.

You'll note in the uploading pics,that no Seasing crept inside the lug recess,for that very reason.(grin)

There's Method to the Madness.....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
What was the purpose of the green tape?? 😆
I’ve never used that epoxy, might have to try it. Looks like you’re leaving the existing lug love, and adding a pad under chamber?

Green tape on the exterior,coddles Civilians and their tender feelers.(grin)

The front of lug and start of channel was great enough,that a guy could thrown two wet cats under the void,at the same time. Ride height is/was THOROUGHLY captured via pillar determinations,dabbed lug and a CH of 'tip pressure. Now it's a fucking Stradivarius and easily tuned. Existing harmonics are largely duped,with but a CH of inter-pillar support. The 'pad fore of the lug is moot,given the chasm betwixt it and the 'tip's pressure.

Be a good bitch to shoot the Silicone Sally down the 'channel's guts and simply blow minds with................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I used to use 10110 but the metal in it dulled end mills, and it was too thick for what I want. I use marine Tex and heat it up. It works well but I wouldn’t mind something a tiny bit thinner. What’s the consistency on that stuff?

Looked for Grey MarineTex and Commercial Fishing Season is a tough time to score same! Saw this shit in the morning's 4th stop and shrugged shoulders and said "fuck it".

Consistency is akin to Crest on a 40-degree day. Due that,I filled the magbox as a "T",with a clay ball in it's bottom and a Cat Turd running fore/aft,to give returns a place to compress. I've had worster ideas.(grin)

Having ZERO feeling for kick/cure time,I set my alarm (3) times to catch it and was 2hrs and 15 minutes deep,before I chased externals. Gave it another hour and yarded shit apart,trimmed and reassembled,figuring a 60-degree average at a 50/50 mix. Made more than I needed,so I could beat on the remains,to get a feel if I liked the shit or not.

Thus far,it's a nice way to fly.....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Part it away...part it away now.

Oil Based Safety System fused,as it should,less any mechanical locks.

Intent was/is,to leave a membrane betwixt the Turkeys,so shit flows,but don't slam doors shut.

The Skinny Minnie Regions are fairly transparent. Pun be intended.

No thang to grab a Carving Knife and start chopping wings off.

Due the shape of the pan,I'm actually surprised that shit rode as well as it did...given the minimal thickness for adhesion.

Never a bad call,to shorten the legs on a milled Follower(or any other),if only to eek an extry round in the belly,or more clearance for lesser if desired. Blind Mag Orientation Tape,being a fucking given,in ALL applications.

Button the bitch,tug tails and trim. Then the tape disappears.

Set the High Dollar Gunsmithing Tools aside,tighten with a lug wrench and never fret shit.

I'd bet bucks on POA/POI being rather fucking static(understatement),due the aforementioned pillar orientation,dab and 'tip pressure aligning the stars. If it's fuck up,I'll more than comment.....................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That straight handle clear? I like the knob.

Not even fucking close. My fret was/is lug engagement and keeping a bolt from exiting my cranium.(grin)

The handle shown,needed and received a fore inlet of the bolt handle channel,to accept same at lock up. Took time,to set the time and I went sorta 50/50. The handle was radiused on it's underside,along with the bolt handle inlet...due to the Thintitude of the stock's material. Had it been a heavy filled A5,the stock woulda borne the brunt.

Flipside...the 223 handle happily mated a Faux McMillan Renegade,MUCH to my fucking surprise. The geometry was the same on the handles/bolts,just that the FauxBoe had a more forgiving bolt clearance inlet(with wayyyyyyy more meat).

I shuck shells different than most,so am ANTI-cheese grater on controls!...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
POA/POI was dead nuts center,but .3 Mil's higher. The erector is no bottomed THE fuck out,on a 250yd zero. This bitch shoots!

Laid down in a mud puddle this morning,in a pretty good rainstorm(no wind but lots fog) and rang steel at 900yds as fast as I could shuck shells,less any front or rear rest. Had camera(phone) rolling and was pretty prod of myself,for taking one for the team,wet dick and all...but my 6s battery is a POS and puked.

Pretty funny,but kinda not really. The 100yd vids made it to Kali,I think?!?.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
May as well keep Operation Freeball rollin'.

Though a straight THE fuck up Mechanical Marvel,it were time to pop a stock and give a gawk. now just how in the fuck,this thing looks like this under the hood,straight blows my mind. It's been FLOGGED upon and even smells like it!(grin)

Not too "surprisingly" 22LR "recoil" impulses ain't much,but slack is slack and there's wear/tear evident. The lug inlet is plenty deep enough,as the Vudoo's lug is dainty in it's relative depth. Things are nicely radiused and WELL thunked. That being said,the inlet is doing it no favors(no fault of McMillan as I ordered a S/A 700 inlet,less ejection port cut).
l

Plunge gauge says "there's room for fill".(grin)

The pillars float,as per my McMillan request and it's prudent to arrange same.

All key components,are ready for the Test Flight.

Rather than chase floating pillars,I'd rather give 'em a smidge of adhesion and have done it a bajillion ways. The fresh shipment of 10lbs of clay were handy,so I rolled that direction. I typically use wheel bearing grease or similar,but there's no "right" or "wrong",as long as your float is floating.

Colors don't aspook me.

Didn't want/need material screaming fore/aft,or hitting the ceiling,so aimed fill volume.

Nuttin' flew outboard,but I'd wager the lug mortise is now of lesser CC's.(grin)

I like to coax remains into a herd,so I can monitor kickoff and cure times. 5-minutes sounds like a long time,but prolly ain't.(grin)

Took me longer to load pics and type,than do the job and am headed now to pop it loose...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Now that I think about it,I did order that inlet for a Vudoo,but they didn't have the ejection port data...so I told 'em to not cut one. FYI.

Anywhooo...the bitch even came outta the oven,less issue.(grin)

Might go shoot it in a bit,to see if the zero altered any.

Fuck everything else...the Vudoo simply has NO equal......................

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I bet an 18” Specter contour in a Sako Hunter would make me want to send the CZs down the road.

Apr 3, 2010
If doing another, I might try a Game Scout in carbon ambush. Just to match my 6.5x47 closer, though I don't mind the Classic ride either.