data-csrf="1713585825,52aa8a59f3f56c5be11c96dc1516a617" Roy's boys | As Real As It Gets

Roy's boys

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
Appreciate ya getting these vids on the 'tube Sean....am about ready to cunt punt this dial up connection.

Was gonna hang a thread called "Training Daze" as these boys are undergoing a long term intense schooling in wackin' shit from afar.

Jon, in this first vid, is an old hand, and surprises no one by ringing 5 out of 5 at 400 yards. What's cool is he's doing it wrong handed, with my rifle, and in some fairly fucked up wind.

Get Mat's vid up for me, because that's truely impressive.....

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks Bud.....

Mat's very first go with my 243AI.

As mentioned in the vid, 510 yards...and wrong handed for him too, and in the shitty wind. Was gonna only have him shoot a 300 yard plate for the video but a few cows moved down and got in our way...the only one open was the the one we lasered at 510.

He was holding his own sight picture with his off eye, adjusting the rear bag, and squeezing his own trigger without any help.

4 out of 5, and on video, not too bad for a little shit.

I'm thinkin' the grin says it all......

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
The fact they were depressed over having to quit on account of the cattle getting in the way was only icing on the cake.

I won't mention that their little sister started crying alligator tears after we pulled out the driveway because she didn't go along, though she was determined that I didn't know that....according to Mom.

Will have to surprise her, next time, with a "hey, you goin' too?"

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
It was likely rubbing salt in her wound due to being able to hear us shoot, just up the road...

I'll make it up to her, and she knows it.....

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
Gonna turn 'em all loose tomorrow with a 30-30, a .223, and a .303 Brit...

Should be entertaining, at a minimum.....

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
Prolly won't fool with video to post as that's a bit of a hassle on this end...but some still shots are a given.

Family Easter Dinner today is right fuckin' smack in the middle of my Sunday shooting time....WTF is a guy to do?

Might just run up to the cow pasture for a few quick shots just to say that I did, and then get the kids pumped for next weekend's shooting.

That'll prolly get me laid more more often.

I did just catch Jon a few minutes ago loading arms and ammo into the truck.......

WGM

Nov 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Roy ... I just finally had a chance to watch the vids of your boys ... VERY COOL ... I can't wait to get my son (and daughter for that matter) out shooting regularly, especially at long range.

on another note, I hope you got the prayers you were after, to keep you 'safe' from the MIL ... (grin)

Wilds

Dec 7, 2007
Should add that Jon and I sneaked outta here for an extra long hour today, and played....

He walked his way into hitting a 1/3 size buffalo gong at 400 yards with a 30-30 levergun and iron sights...only took him 3 or 4 shots to get the elevation on it.

I consistantly danced a .303 British around a pig plate while hitting it occasionally at the same 400.

Wasn't nearly enough to dampen the urges but it'll have to do for a day or two......