data-csrf="1711663764,e9d3dd111da77bd32d5d49823c4be436" Scope leveling jig... | As Real As It Gets

Scope leveling jig...

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Was watching one of Lowlights videos and saw him use a table top jig for leveling his scope. It was made by Badger. I looked it up as I thought it was a pretty simple tool that could potentially save a little time and aggravation while setting a scope up. Found out the Badger jigs sell for upwards of $150. I couldn't believe the price...

Dug through the accumulation here and had all the major components minus the fasteners. One short trip to the Ace solved that problem. After about an hour and a half in the garage I came away with this for about a $20 investment.

It would be best to verify level with a plumb line as the turrets don't always sit square to the reticle.

The base is made from a piece of what I believe is Corian (sp?) countertop material which had been gifted to me by my neighbor, a simple trailer leveling two way level (a bullseye level could easily be substituted) , a piece of blank stock Picatinny rail and various fasteners.

CR

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I want my crosshairs square and the cap/turret may or not be.

Tough to beat a plumb bob,especially beings I shoot a cant. My rifles fuck with other's heads,as the 'hairs aren't square to them.

Been a reliable Mind Fuck for decades...............(grin)

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Agreed on the plumb line. I have 2 Burris handgun scopes that the turrets are not in line with the reticle. They seem to track alright but visually they look like they're sitting crooked.

I'll edit in the plumb line info.

CR

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm purty quick to trust gravity.(grin)

To have cake and eat it too,is to level on the 'bob with the reticle,then incorporate an external means of correlating that Squaretitude could be argued,for them who are troubled in cyphering same.

I've said "your shit's crooked"...nearly as many times as I have "hit that fucker again!"................(grin)

JCM

Jan 8, 2013
Big Stick said:

Tough to beat a plumb bob,especially beings I shoot a cant. My rifles fuck with other's heads,as the 'hairs aren't square to them.

I've taken the time to square everything up on one rifle/base/scope combo...only to loosen things and cant it so it's square when I'm shooting the first time I took it out. I'd rather it fit level to me than me try to fit level to it.