data-csrf="1714026367,1a6b0bfda3b15c5f692c9d9194f31642" Sig romeo5 | As Real As It Gets

Sig romeo5

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Are these a decent red dot option on a goof around 223 AR
Not looking to break the bank and they get pretty decent reviews.
Cheapest I see them is 110 shipped so might give one a go...
Thoughts?

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Sorry for the response lag stick.. Academy for 110 free shipping. Looks like you did fine tho

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Place I ordered only ships FedEx....so I cancelled and order(after having received an Email denoting same). So ordered (3) more on Ebay for $99.99 each and free USPS Priority shipping.

I'm not an Ebay Guy,so it's not an endorsement and I'm simply passing it along.

Food for thought...............

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Sweet.. had to get mine from PSA and they are backed the hell up on shipping. Bunch of eley match ordered on Black Friday hasn’t even shipped yet

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
These are Holosuns, but Sig has a better warranty on them.

I've used several Holosun variations. They are pretty good, but probably 20% of the ones I've gotten new have suffered crib death. If they survive that, they tend to live forever (I do have one sitting here with a front lens that's been pushed back in, but I consider that a fluke).

Not a huge fan of those high mounts that they often come with. I think those are also all made by Holosun - they typically have cheese grade fasteners, and awkward heights. The high AR mount is really high (think 1/3 co-witness + a touch) and the low is like 1/8" too low to be usable on an AR rail.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I bet it'll see moisture and use...so will get a fair shake. If they rock,that's great,if not...I'll set 'em on a stump and shoot 'em.

No thang.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Height was golden at the 50yd line,but only a coupla inches to the left. Nice to have "clicks" that actually fucking work!

Think I'll poke one on a Pistole,to see WTF..................

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Testing....
Stick did your units take a AAA or the c2032 or whatever that dime sized battery is?
Mine is the latter but I was under the impression it was AAA?
Not a huge deal either way just curious

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I saw your's today, and ordered one from Palmetto State this evening, $119.99 with free shipping.

It should work well on the M&P 15-22, or I figured I could plop it on my Buckmark pistol (via B-Square mount).

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Dan In Alaska said:
I saw your's today, and ordered one from Palmetto State this evening, $119.99 with free shipping.

It should work well on the M&P 15-22, or I figured I could plop it on my Buckmark pistol (via B-Square mount).
Little bitches are both tough and reliable and I lOVE the "go to sleep" Mode................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I shoulda bought halfa dozen.

Have a KIDD 1.5# trigger,KIDD 16" .870" LW spout and Hogue .920" handle coming,to hold a Romeo 5...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Ordered a coupla more,a few days ago...after rolling one on a Pistole,with a less than favorable rail(new rail coming too).

Ordered new 41 grips with deeper finger groove,as my strongside thumb drags the slide. It ain't BHP pain,but do impede function. With new rail,better 'dot placement and more functional grips,all I gotta do is decide on a Utility holster and have it Hard Chromed................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Sneaking up on some purty good shit.

Grips fit KILLER,in regards to inlet. Their issued guise helped a bunch,but some thangs,still ran the wrong way(for me). Backstrap clearance was tight,but it always is.

Thumb rest was wayyyy more pronounced and wearing deeper shelves. That helps to keep my mitts outta da' way,which muchly increases reliability.

Marked changes in ink and sculpted same to fit,on the fly.

Now the backstrap is further from all the other scars and things fit like a glove. Need to yard the Weaver rail off,install the Weigand,orient the Romeo 5 for balance and it's a wrap.

Literally...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
(2) more were waiting for me at the PO and I have (2) more coming from Whittakers(109.99 and free shipping currently).

Rather like these little bastards.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Got a coupla Romeo 5's here at work and they are selling well. Sig 3000BDX LRF Bino's coming up next pass and I reckon they'll get lots of traction. Especially if I drag my Reica Geovids along for comparison.(grin)

Need to yard a scope or two,as well...if only in interest of stimulating The Economy................