data-csrf="1713981435,e781e5401ede9f0ec0764d4c00ec1fe6" SW Bodyguard | As Real As It Gets

SW Bodyguard

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Anyone shot one?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765772_-1_757892_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Jamie

Nov 17, 2007
Oly. WA
My mom carries one. I put a few rounds through it, went bang when the trigger was pulled and left a hole in the target close to where I was aiming the laser.
With the little bit of time I used it I only have one complaint. I dont like the fact that you have to turn on the laser. IMHO crimson trace grips are light years ahead of the laser setup on the bodyguard. Now that I think about it, I dont like the long heavy pull of that double action trigger.

MIdwest F-T/R

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
I handled one of them at the local shop and I have to agree. I thought the switch to turn on the laser was extremely stiff. It might break in with use, but I wasn't impressed.

Wader

Feb 11, 2008
SW Washington
My summer carry choice came down to the Bodyguard and the Sig P238. I chose the Sig for a few reasons. One was the single stage trigger (I agree with Jamie that the Bodyguard trigger pull is pretty stiff). The Sig also fit my hand way better. I also didn't like the idea of the Bodyguard's laser being an integral part of the gun. If it breaks, you have to send off the whole gun to get worked on. The Sig's laser is removable. Finally, the Sig came with real sights--tritium night sights at that. They are very usable.

Good luck with your decision!

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Thanks for the feedback.

I got one for the wife (she picked it out). Couldn't care less about "lazers" unless Darth Vader attacks personally, but it should be kinda fun.

I saw it as purely an LCP alternative, and I can't really trust one of those after firing a friend's.

Wader,
After the fact, I read your thread on the fire. Doing a search for "bodyguard" on the handgun forum will really get you some drama!

16Bore

Feb 11, 2010
Virgina
I got a point and shoot for the wifey. Loaded up some 110 XTP powder puffs for her. Nice and light. Told to just start yankin the trigger til it stops then call the cops..