data-csrf="1711648414,1480e03f3b5fafd5a627b4a1e75e65e3" SWFA Fixed Fuckers Redeux............. | As Real As It Gets

SWFA Fixed Fuckers Redeux.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
My SampleList 3-15x hasn't arrived,nor did I see Email shipment confirmation,so I gave them a shout minutes ago.

Brianna answered and was a doll. For whatever reason,my order was stuck in Cyberland for a week now,though I had purchase confirmation via an order number and saw funds had gone their way. No biggy,it happens. I told her "you folks are generally RIGHT on it,so it must be something goofy,as I've bought a few things from you?!?". She apparently looked into my account and said "oh my...yes you have".

Long story short,she got hold of IT,matter is resolved and told me she'd send it out 2nd Day Air UPS gratis,which I of course thanked her for and stated simply "I prefer USPS Priority,because it will actually make it to me".(grin) She said "no problem,I'll credit back your initial shipping cost and apologize for any inconvenience".

Sharp,bright,to the fucking point and 100% on it. Beats the fuck out of a multiple month CameraLand jerk around from the top on down and all over the totem pole,for over 5x the loot!

Credit where it is due and SWFA continues to impress and upon many levels,with fair being fair....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Sad but true.

The stammering on the phone and perpetually changing laundry list of "excuses",was simply magnificent..................

B

BrianerK

• Deleted by J-Hon
Show…

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Kimber 280ai, talley rail, I think I have SWFA rings on it. Was shooting great, then started stringing things vertically, getting crazier with each shot. Ended up with a 5" group of 5 shots, with maybe 1/2" of horizontal. Will verify fasteners, but may not shoot it again till moose hunting is over.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Vertical screams "mechanics",non of which I'd correlate to a scope puke.

When glass pukes,it's random.................

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I had a 6x FF slide in SWFA rings after torquing. This was on a 30-06. Reminds me I need to send it back for coating floating around inside it. I can’t get it to settle at the bottom. If it would I’d keep it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've got lotsa SWFA rings in service and have yet to have one move,unless I wanted it to.

You fuckers are hard on shit!..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
75 MO-MO's on the Bob Rail and I reckon it'll cough up at least 39 Mils remaining on the erector,after a 50yd zero...just like all the rest.

Will poke it in one of them there MacaMillion T-hole Sillywets tonight and chop 9.5" offa the spout.

PEACH.................

Reactions: Rolltide

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This rifle REALLY shoots well. Beat on it good this morning and think I'll just roll it as is,as a Sleeper of sorts.

Never touched action screws or bedded anything and it just pours shit into a ragged hole,like it's a funnel...........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Forget that I ordered a 3-15x SFP MQ DM2. I've seen worse.

335yds 15x.

335yds 9x.

335yds 3x.

1405yds,trying to beat the fog.

The wind and rain weren't helping much and I'd be afeared to count the number of reflections,ricocheting offa glass.(grin)

Still MIL/MIL,which keeps the middle in the middle,which ain't a bad place to be. Center is easy to hold hard and I've done enough SFP,that I can prolly more than get by extrapolating zoom ratio holdoff's/over's.

Should poke it aboard a Teeker,for max humor!..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
15x off the coffee pot,looking out the kitchen window as clouds close in.

Parallax at infinity and G-12 lens might could need cleaned...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Prolly time to fire up the Eclipse and some PecPads.

Fish and Critter Goo,might hurt IQ a smidge.....................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I don't wanna lose the objective extension,but could lose windage. Pretty sure it was Mtn. Boomer who chopped windage.

Raining/blowing now and I REALLY like the objective extension for such things,along with flare protection in nice conditions.

The windage stem slot is a good call,because them fuckers don't move with cold fingers!...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Shot up all the 40's I had loaded today and will transition to 50's...if only because that's where my 14" heart lays.(grin)

Reticle subtension was on THE fucking money,as was tracking. Neither of which suplized me,but it's always nice to shoot them confirmations outta' da' gate.

The Half Throttle Subtension Doubler,is viable in this zoom range and 20 Mils of elevation on the windshield,will get the goody outta a Deuce,if only because there ain't much inherent!..................(grin)

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
Put a 6x ona Dirty OH Six last year and it made it 6 rounds and shit inside stuck to the glass it danced as I shot it. Figured I’d send it in to get replaced. Got hurt so that went on the back burner. Picked up the rifle the other night and looked through the 6X and no black floaters stuck anymore. Must have fallen to the bottom somewhere. So I beat on it for a bit with my hand to see if they’d dance again. Nope. Guess I’ll run it until they get in the way more often.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
I have a 10x SS with a dust spec at 5:00 about 2/3 from the edge of the FOV. It didn't bother me when I mounted it and still doesn't after a couple years of use.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I generally have more than a few on the outside.(grin)

Do have more than a few Dust Bunnies on DSLR sensors and lens internals...........................