data-csrf="1713583855,b7a9ed06363a21df7dcd0f7a3fafee06" The Wuhan Bat Social Distancing Spring Fling Thread...……….. | As Real As It Gets

The Wuhan Bat Social Distancing Spring Fling Thread...………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I reckon I'll have a peecture or two,before the dust settles.

Empty Airports are NICE!...……...…..(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
There was ZERO people in Los anchoritos security today,when I went through. First class upgrades don't suck either.(grin)

Just went grocery shopping and shelves are full...I don't get the fuss...............

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
Today they opened the hunts back up to residents, but you still can’t travel between communities.
Seems to limit Ketchikan folks from going to the island to hunt, but islanders should be free to proceed.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This is tougher than being a 6yr old on Xmas Eve.

So now I don't have to lock myself up for 3 weeks straight? THAT was close!

I don't get the fuss...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
First day is always the toughest,because I can't know when daybreak is and that usually means a cup of coffee in the crummy while waiting.

Batteries are charged and bodies have cards in 'em,so now it's just a matter of raking everything over,to get a read on water volumes and see what the feesh are doing.

Had an EPIC last leg coming home on da' Jet,with a strafing run about 2000' off the deck,flying contours across Etolin and The Cleveland. I thanked the shit out of the pilots,as it was far and away the best I've ever been on and they were giggling. Long way of sayin',I didn't see ANY fucking water and had a rather spectacular view. Tidal Fish are fun too though.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Wayyyyyyyyy too cold and NO water,this is gonna be a loooonnngggggggggg 3 weeks!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Water was/is COLD and feesh lethargic.

Coulda' mebbe used it today,on a hightailin' Woof!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Had The Blue Bitch on step,with Jamie's Cryin' on 11 and bumped him. Tried to sweet talk and call,then just kept chooglin' and bumped the dumb fucker again. Woulda needed a Door Gunner,but that's what they're for!

Billet Bitches arrived and do not suck.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Fucking cold. G-12 battery puked and I wasn't schlepping a 1D-Series. Fucking Woof tracks everywhere,in the morning's fresh snow.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've been tying Cosby's for a coupla years now. They'll sneak up and fuck the shit out of you. Thinking I bought 'em all up,which makes me laugh to boot!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This is a Hurry Up Cosby. A TRUE one,has the McFoam inserted up the guts of the bead,rather than Snell Grannied. Water is lowwwwwwwwwww enough and there's a wisp of sun now and again,that I'll tie up some Tinsel Town Cosby's for morning.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
A true Cosby,strung out. Pun be intended.

A true Cosby,locked up. Pun be intended.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Typical pastel first light,despite the horrid weather this morning.(grin)

Spring will wear a guy out,as the days are chocked full of enough light,that the candle is burning at both ends. Fun stompin' shadows,going to see what Rivers offer.

Light has been harsh enough,that I shoulda been gunning High Key B&W frames....but was more intent on R&D and Search & Destroy. Fuck Summer!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pouring rain and a warm Chinook this AM,should do nice things to the snow pack and relative river volumes. This shit will get outta hand and off the hook,if everything brewing in the bays...makes a dash for Freshwater.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
A rather NICE gesture received in the Mail,ala right proper Fallkniven Model DC521 hardwood baseplate. It's exceptionally WELL executed and wears non-slip feet at all corners. I'll not hang someone out to dry,but give 'em the opportunity to confess instead. THANKS!

Awaiting a tide change and this BEAUTIFUL Monsoon/Chinook Hurricane to kick in,then go chase more Chrome this afternoon.

It could be argued,that I could fire The Kydex Factory up and give some Pixies a right proper home...but it's hard to not be Castin & Blastin'.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I tend to stay on top of thangs...but did haveta' call in THE Hit Man and the World's WORST Steelhead Rain Coat. Mentioned that you could see that thing,from the Moon and someone replied "I'm catching fish,aren't I?!?". I can take a hint.

Reactions: Painless

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I don't think Spring is as bad as everyone says. There's a black Grunden rain jacket,stacked on top of someone's waders this morning though.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Everyone is saying "Lots of GOOD Product",which can't ever be a bad thing. Glad I've never been that hungry!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Cain't get him to hold still,so just put cameras away. He's got good wheels,for not even being 1.5yrs old yet. Prolly should start Bear Looking,while waiting on rain.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Yeah looks like I picked a good year to buy a permit. Herring were everywhere. Just need the Japanese to buy them.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
This Winter might be a GOOD time,to buy Permit(s). I really cain't see how it can pan out this year,given the current status. Hopefully,most are diversified enough,to weather the certain storm.

Couple guys called me yesterday,dooming and glooming with Death Tolls and the like and I like not watching/listening to News and my streamside focus instead of. I'm REALLY digging the R&R,other than the constant,in which I'd happily take some more rain.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Being informed is a good thing, but there are a lot of people that would be much better off without "news" and social media.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
My World doesn't hinge upon what's crappening in NYC,or much of anywhere else either. Not wishing doom on folks,but I'm not tough enough to live that way,let alone die that way and they can have it all.

All I can know is that the lights are on,gas is down,Stock Market is up,TP abounds and Feesh are willing to bite. MDT has 12rd BR mags in stock(and on the way!). I'm trying to finger out how I want my next 224 Grendel done and if I should use components on hand,gut a Donor or toss a NIB receiver in a box.?!? While sipping coffee and gawkin' Dummy rounds.