data-csrf="1711722619,35d1e1d5dc43551d59854399cee33688" This oughta do the trick | As Real As It Gets

This oughta do the trick

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
I've long been a fan of the 480 ruger and have only shot cast bullets that I've cast myself. I thought I'd narrowed down my mold selection and was good to go, then I got the opportunity to get in on a group buy at cast boolits

Looks like a garden variety mold except for the pins sticking out the side.

Yup, a Cramer style hollow point mold. Made in Slovenia of all places. The guy is an amazing machinist and the molds are very reasonably priced. I got a 357 mold last year to see what the hype was about, no hype they produce bullets just about as fast as a conventional 2 cavity mold and the bullets are extremely accurate out of the 357.

Nice thing is he includes plenty of goodies, short and long hp pins, flat pins for fp bullets and a custom nose punch for the lube sizer.

I’m thinking a .476” 410 gr hp @ 1200 fps should be effective +p on deer and caribou.

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
I'm planning on cutting wheel weights 50/50 with range scrap and adding 2% tin. Since it's a gas check mold I can get away with a bit softer alloy, and hp's really work best when you soften em up and add some tin for ductility.

I got one his molds in 38 cal and making hp's is much easier than I would have imagined. The accuracy is great but I have no idea how they'd perform on flesh. 357 with hp's is kind of a varmint only option.

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
I have water dropped wheel weight and 2% tin 310gr .430's then hollow pointed them on a lathe. Shot them into oak fire wood and had then stay together(fun way to split wood, btw).

Yours should work just fine.