data-csrf="1711672534,d03858c2e564d17e5822334a775be2f3" Too Much Fun | As Real As It Gets

Too Much Fun

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
For a long time now, I've admired the Alexander Arms and Garrow 17 HMR AR's, but could never talk myself into buying one. Having seen them only online, especially once Stick got his Garrow, I've always wondered how solid they feel...like an AR with a little heft to it or more like the 15-22's with a lighter feel.

Right before Christmas, I happened across an AA that had been traded in. It was wearing a 3-9x50 Leupold with Alumina Caps in a Leupold 1-piece mount and had 9 mags with it. The Leupy wasn't exactly what I would put on it, but the price was right, so I figured WTF...

I haven't swapped scopes yet, but that little rifle is a ton of fun! It's accurate and handles really well. I can see it having a permanent spot in the herd, especially for walking the woods at the farm...

Thanks for the nudge Stick!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I bought a "backup" Garrow Hummer,just 'cuz.

AA mags are cheap,like Garrow(BlackDog mags),while my Franklin Whizzum mags sting a bit...at $130 a pop.

I've enough Franklin mags,to buy a 3rd Garrow..........(grin)

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Interesting. Whizzum is just one decent rifle under $500 from major success. I figure Ruger Precision Rimfire or even straight American would work for that!
But disposable brass makes semi-auto the best. Cost of these will hold back the round; most people just won't crack the wallet for a rimfire.
I hear Vudoo is BACKED UP, so there's hope.
But rifles have to sell in the thousands for rimfire ammo to thrive...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
DZNNF7 said:
Interesting. Whizzum is just one decent rifle under $500 from major success. I figure Ruger Precision Rimfire or even straight American would work for that!
But disposable brass makes semi-auto the best. Cost of these will hold back the round; most people just won't crack the wallet for a rimfire.
I hear Vudoo is BACKED UP, so there's hope.
But rifles have to sell in the thousands for rimfire ammo to thrive...
I'd do a Ruger RAPER in Whizzum................

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Big Stick said:
If Mike does it,most everyone I know will be rolling same.

That would be GREAT news..............
From the horses mouth. He’s doin it..22 mag and 9mm as well

M1919

Aug 23, 2018
CA
Mike has the 7wsm prototype up and running, still needs to work on the magazine aspect, which is no small task.

22mag barrels are en route....so should be hitting the market soon

M1919

Aug 23, 2018
CA
I'll pass the word.

He was thinking Black Dog but that's still in the works

I certainly let him know there are a few CA folks and likely some in AK that are ready to pounce...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Black Dog would be GREAT.

Pards are waiting in the wings and it gets talked about daily around here.............