data-csrf="1714059294,12333b2e8944f24d677e101b58c5430f" Vudoo Gun Works Bottom Metal ? | As Real As It Gets

Vudoo Gun Works Bottom Metal ?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've used multiple flavors,less issue. The one concern would be a tight magwell,which impedes the mags from dropping free or seating. Coupla PTG's were too snug with poly Vudoo OEM mags,but would run metal AICS(multiple Makes/Models) less issue.

What are you doing for a stock?..................

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Thank's Stick.Im going to be using a Mcmillan A3A for the heavyweight,got to call them when i figure the bottom metal out,and i might also be going with a classic with there ranch contour.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I been waiting for Vudoo to come out with a 17 hummer but I'm not hearing anything on that front.

Apr 3, 2010
I figured I'd use their bottom metal to eliminate any potential issues out of the gate. Works fine for me. You'll not regret ordering one for sure. Great rigs.

Reactions: 22 skadoo

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've got lotsa DBM's and the footprints are amazingly similar in M5 designation.

My Big Vudoo is tough not to shoot well,due the mass(16 lbs all up)...but is a Niche Tool.

The Classic Specter is THE one.................

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I've got lotsa DBM's and the footprints are amazingly similar in M5 designation.

My Big Vudoo is tough not to shoot well,due the mass(16 lbs all up)...but is a Niche Tool.

The Classic Specter is THE one.................
Stick is there a reason you went with the specter contour over the ranch contour ?

Apr 3, 2010
Copied Stick's specter. Think the ranch would be too light for a standard fill mcmillan to balance well. 18" specter here.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Copied Stick's specter. Think the ranch would be too light for a standard fill mcmillan to balance well. 18" specter here.
Sweet looking rig bro.I been thinking of the same rig with gap camo for about a year now.I have a NF compact to put on it.I see you have the vudoo bottom metal.Was the stock a drop in fit from mcmillan?

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
30338 how does the rifle balance with the specter at 18",just wondering if it is front heavy.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
At introduction,Mcmillan didn't have a "true" Vudoo inlet,but it's simply a S/A 700...with a smaller ejection port. It's Plug & Play in everything with a M5 DBM inlet. I bounced 'em around into a buncha stocks,to verify same without issue.

They now of course have the program and you can't miss...while nailing a correct 'port size to the receiver................

Apr 3, 2010
Yep, balance is perfect as it sits. Actually will be better with suppressor on once stamp comes in. But fine as it sits and glad I bumped it up after seeing Stick's rig.

I'd be tempted to have them inlet for 700 sa and have the stock be a bit oversize in the loading port. Reason I say that is I shot that action in my son's lefty 700 sa and it worked great. Would allow a guy to easily swap back and forth if you changed your mind on anything down the road.

Of course it looks great with the exact fit to the vudoo. Can't lose either way.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The above Old Glory Vudoo 18" Bart' Kukri,rides in a McMillan Annie Sillywet,wearing a 700 inlet...and oversize 'port for 22LR.

Makes less than zero fucks to me..................

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Just got off the phone with mcmillan.I ordered a classic with specter contour and now the 4 to 6 month wait begins.I am so pumped up about getting a Vudoo put together, the older i get the more i enjoy rimfire shooting.Thnak's again guys for your input.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30338

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Went with pachmayr dec pad in standard fill.Molded in camo od green,dark tan, and woodland beige.Also 2" picitinny rail for bipod and flush cups bottom and left side.The folks at mcmillan are a pleasure to work with.Pic of color i will be using.

Attachments

Last edited:

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Also talked to Vudoo today and will be ordering from them in about a month.Specter contour at 18" bartlein and will be useing Vudoo bottom metal.They also were a pleasure to deal with.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Just a heads up, my Vudoo bottom metal was NOT a drop in for M5 dbm at all.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Went with pachmayr dec pad in standard fill.Molded in camo od green,dark tan, and woodland beige.Also 2" picitinny rail for bipod and flush cups bottom and left side.The folks at mcmillan are a pleasure to work with.Pic of color i will be using.

That'll be real nice...................

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
Hmm, what options did they give you for coating on the action? naked, DLC, cerakote ... what do ya'll recommend?

I think the barrel comes cerakoted?

Bolt handles? small / medium / large per their website

The gears are turning over here ...

Trouble is to do a ranch contour with an EDGE stock, or a specter contour with a standard fill swirly?

Lastly, would a new remington hunter (sako hunter) work with the specter? I mostly prefer that handle

Off to count my pennies

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The action is S/S,so the sky is the limit. I've got one coated spouted(by them) and the other nekked...so simply pick your poison.

Melonite on the action,Cerakote on the barrel. Both actions are Melonited and flawless,though I'm not very nice to Riggin'.

The Ranch/EDGE would make me a touch nervous,due the breadth of an M5 DBM inlet. That's alotta meat to remove on some patterns(Hunter's EDGE especially).

A Specter will go in a Sako Hunter,but plugs the landng purty good(I've gone bigger in contour,within same). The 18" Bart'/Specter in a Sako Hunter,would be a BAD Bitch.

You can borrow the money...but can't borrow the time..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've only got a couple dozen,figuring that it's ALL or nothing with them and don't wanna get caught without...................

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I figured that you would have at least a shopping bag full.Never can have to many,I will start with a 3 pack and add from there.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Just wondering how many magazines do you guys have for your Vudoo rifle.
I ordered 3 of the 3 packs with my first one. The one I'm buying from my buddy will come with 10 mags as well.

Jill seemed surprised when I didn't order another 3 pack with the latest build.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I hope this is not going to be like the 10/22 magazine addiction i have,They are all over my house.
LOL, when I go to shoot some of the local matches, I always take my KIDD along, incase I need a backup or want to show somebody what a "10/22" will do. When I get out the clear case with about 20 magazines, somebody always makes a comment, until they figure out that I don't have to reload magazines the entire match...

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
LOL, when I go to shoot some of the local matches, I always take my KIDD along, incase I need a backup or want to show somebody what a "10/22" will do. When I get out the clear case with about 20 magazines, somebody always makes a comment, until they figure out that I don't have to reload magazines the entire match...
My Kidd SG is one tack driving SOB.

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
The action is S/S,so the sky is the limit. I've got one coated spouted(by them) and the other nekked...so simply pick your poison.

Melonite on the action,Cerakote on the barrel. Both actions are Melonited and flawless,though I'm not very nice to Riggin'.

The Ranch/EDGE would make me a touch nervous,due the breadth of an M5 DBM inlet. That's alotta meat to remove on some patterns(Hunter's EDGE especially).

A Specter will go in a Sako Hunter,but plugs the landng purty good(I've gone bigger in contour,within same). The 18" Bart'/Specter in a Sako Hunter,would be a BAD Bitch.

You can borrow the money...but can't borrow the time..................(grin)
Sorry I missed this - thank you for the feedback

"The 18" Bart'/Specter in a Sako Hunter,would be a BAD Bitch."

Pretty much exactly where I am going with this ;) I like the swirls as it is regarding the fill. Like you said I've never minded a #3 contour in a Sako Hunter but I would not go any heavier than that in one.

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
30338 - I see you have been going with the triggertech flat triggers lately. Would you be so kind as to share how you like them especially on something like your mcmillan classic stock? I've not gotten to try the flat and an thinking over which to order.

Others opinions more than welcome on the flat vs curved in a traditional stock

Apr 3, 2010
Brazo, That one is actually a Timney that I dremeled to fit in my bottom metal. Took about an 1/8" off. Previously had a Trigger Tech Special on that rifle and after the first 25 or so shots, it quit resetting on bolt close. Called Vudoo to see if they had seen it and they said they had seen it a number of times on the Specials. So that one got the flat Timney.

The Trigger Tech Primary isn't quite as light on my 6.5 as I like it, but it is very clean and it'll do fine for a big game trigger for me. As far as the TT flat, they did fit my PTG bottom metal fine. I may spring for a Diamond at some point just to see, but have grown fond of the flat triggers in a few rigs.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
30338 - I see you have been going with the triggertech flat triggers lately. Would you be so kind as to share how you like them especially on something like your mcmillan classic stock? I've not gotten to try the flat and an thinking over which to order.

Others opinions more than welcome on the flat vs curved in a traditional stock

Flatties don't piss me off,but my Vudoos are curved...................