data-csrf="1711615769,ce333feee37c9216242f8e8ebf924411" What's everyone shooting.... | As Real As It Gets

What's everyone shooting....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Curious as to what everyones shooting these days.

I've been running 2 Archery Research AR34's since '04 but had the itch for a speed demon last fall. Picked up this PSE Omen Pro. I haven't chrono'd anything yet but it one fast (and unforgiving) SOB...

Shooting it kinda reminds me of the hard dual cams of the mid 80's but with much more speed.

CR

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Still running an old Alpine Extreme from the mid 90's. Made some shots that some slicks seem to screw up with their gaybulls precisions. It's light for its time and flips 27 inch 400s and 100 grain Thunderheads right at 270 fps.

Rogue

Oct 21, 2009
Jefferson State
Yeah, I know that old bow has seen it's better days. Have been toying with picking up a new long bow or recurve but my play money always seems to go for stocks and scopes first.

DanH

Jan 15, 2009
Steuben County, NY
Just picked up my Hoyt Vector 35 Turbo. My old bow was pushing 10 years old. It still shot good, but was worried it might shit the bed outta town. After shooting the new ones I don't think I'll wait that long again...what a difference.

Painless

Administrator
Yep, ruined one with Troyboy shooting Saturday (robin hood) but we were able to pull them apart. I bent the shit outta the one that was in the other and no cracks whatsoever so I kept shooting it. Albeit at a different target than the one my first arrow went in. Shot my first 3D tournament the following day and did pretty good for not shooting one in over 4 years. Ended up with a 223 out of 300. I will say this, 70lbs on a hunting bow for 3D is not the way I am gonna roll, looking into a dedicated 3D rig right now.....Blake

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
I'm still shooting a Pearson Spoiler from back in the early 90's I think. Use a tab, shoot instinctive and didn't switch to carbon arrows till 2 years ago.

It's hard to spend a $1000 on a bow then another $500 on "the essentials" to catch up. Not to mention re-learning how to shoot.

firedog

Nov 21, 2007
SW Washington
Bowtech Guardian, 70lb, 30" draw. Shooting right around 270 FPS with a 460 grain arrow. Gonna buy a new one this winter/spring and leaning towards the Bowtech Insanity depending on what the new models are this next year.

archie_james_c

Feb 3, 2012
Kanada
'11 Invasion 50-60 pounder. JBK twine, HAA single slider, doinker, trophy taker smack down, etc.

Assortment of arrows depending on my mood. But lately 340 beemans and 125 montecs have been finding there way into the rest. Although I'd prefer Easton FMJs or ACCs I just don't give enough of a fuck about bows to order more in :D