data-csrf="1714123901,f4d4a05fd6f0ef757f166a6241b1ab51" The Wuhan Bat Social Distancing Spring Fling Thread...……….. | As Real As It Gets

The Wuhan Bat Social Distancing Spring Fling Thread...………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Have several for 700's and Seven's both. Have an extry Terrain with AICS DBM laying loose and an A5 in BDL....plus a buncha' more mainstream handles,inletted both ways. Was just fucking around and am liking an OEM 308 mag,with an OEM 223 follower,wearing a front nose BR ramp. Digests (4) rounds happily and nearly 5. Lotsa ways to get there,then there's the AG Composites Altitude approach,which is REALLY growing on me.

First World "problems"!

I don't get the fuss...............(grin)

bobnob

Jan 15, 2016
NSW, Australia
Talking to a mate at work today and came away more confused than when I started...

6PPC or 6Grendel?

Donor will be a Howa Mini or possibly a Zastava M85. Purpose will be low recoil killing on pigs, goats and whatever else.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
6 Grendel for me,as it is a 6PPC AI if you will,with killer brass laying in wait(Lapooey). Be yet another great place,for the 105 Hornie HPBT's.

Getting down to brass tacks,I prolly prefer the 22 Grendel,due the 75 ELD,88 version of same and finally the 90 Beer Cans.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Been sidetracked and forgetting pics. More snowmelt,than rain but the increase in volume(s) is welcome. Crippled myself yesterday,if only because 40-degree water will do it to you,when you foolishly say "fuck waders" and freeball.

Awaited a tide change today and headed for the Salt,only to find fish HOLDING "weird". I'm not a Sucker Hole or Gorge Guy,but like to work slots that hold fish. None of the "usual" slots held anything but Otter and Wolf sign. Couldn't cross in a coupla places,where I like to cross,so did The Blowdown Dance and left plenty of sweat behind. Got to THE money Slot and couldn't catch a fucking cold,so shrugged shoulders and was gonna trudge off,after cleaning up my reel. So I tossed a Tinsel Town to where I've never struck a fish,beneath a Dainty float snubbed to the Sampo. Was paying ZERO attention and my shit went out of sight,though it was barely shin deep(with only a Medium Clacker for "weight"). Reeled in and hot a CHROME Peanut,that musta squirted on the tide?!? Figured it a "fluke" and did it again. Then again and again and again.(grin)

Cookie Cutter Chromer Lady Bitches,which ain't as "bad" as it sounds. Reminded me of Afognak and catching Silvers in similar water,with beach break on their stern. Nothing like a Little Chief grill atop a beach fire,with barely dead Chrome cooking on the works. It's been 30yrs and nobody that was there,has "forgotten" those times. That's when videocameras mostly took VHS tapes.

Anywhooo...Cookies and THE consumate "High Snout" #2 Owner tire tracks.

I shoulda carved directions and a Date,in something that nobody else will ever see.(grin)

I'm gonna sleep in and holster Rifles and Rods tomorrow.

Give or take..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was up at 3:30,like always. Can't help it.

Water really came up and was spot on,though fishing was slooooowwwww. Caught fish of course,but I thought it would get UGLY,with a serious body count.

Think I'll go wayyyyyyyyyyyy exploring tomorrow...................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Broke a couple pards of Steelheading with me today(12hr hump),as it were a grandiose Exploration day and I can't ever take not knowing what's around the next bend. To add insult to injury,they never hooked a fish,but I let 'em land a couple of mine.(grin)

Muskegs were frozen at daybreak and then it warmed right THE fuck up. If it weren't for the snowmelt,I'd be freeballin' in corks,with no waders. Water is just BITTER fucking cold and feesh sluggish. Tried hard to ruin my feet,as boots worked loose,but I couldn't quit casting. last time I played that game,I lost all my toenails and that ain't NO fun.(grin)

I prolly should go grab my camera and check the card,as I turned Greenie today and gunned some sunlit scenery,during THE Jaunt. Was purty hot with a Grock 34 today and had one of the boys schleppin' my lightest Speedmire. Otter and Woof sign like never before.

Jeezus Fuck,how I LOVE this time of year!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nothing like The Wuhan staring you right in the face!(grin)

Pretty rough,being in a constant state of amazemet,that the ONLY bootprints you've seen in 25yrs+...are the ones you bring along.

Wingmen ain't too Photo Savvy.

Nothing like the sun BEATING down on you,dumping THE Works out of a pack and laughing while tying up fresh concoctions. My hook removing digits are swolled the fuck up and hurting like a bastard. My crummy STANKS and my tires are rags,because I cain't take a day off.

I HOPE to catch The 'Rona EVERY fucking year!

Reactions: dznnf7

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Rather spectacular morning,with Pea Soup to the deck,but the sun started doing it's job.

Happiness is a stank Tailing Glove,a stankier brim and an untattered Tinsel Town Hevi Bead Bitch on a Grock Walk.

Hooked (6) fish on as many casts on the 2nd river of the morning. Prolly shoulda beat one in the head for Lunch.

Fish Coat is in washing machine,as is my "camera case"(T-shirt) that "protects" a 1D3 and 35mm Siggy Artsy Fartsy in my worn the fuck out pack. Though I've been G-12'ing most thangs,because the bitch is both AMAZING and handy. Still can't kill it,though I thought the external lens shutter was fucked up yesterday,but it had Spruce needles packed into the leaves. Easy fix and it continues to impress.

Need to borrow a Hot Tub to toss the pack and waders in,for a loooooooongggg OVERdue cleanin'. Had just got back to my crummy on the first river and a guy was driving in and as soon as he saw me,the head/shoulders slumped. Would LOVE to play poker with him!

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
Been sidetracked and forgetting pics. More snowmelt,than rain but the increase in volume(s) is welcome. Crippled myself yesterday,if only because 40-degree water will do it to you,when you foolishly say "fuck waders" and freeball.

Awaited a tide change today and headed for the Salt,only to find fish HOLDING "weird". I'm not a Sucker Hole or Gorge Guy,but like to work slots that hold fish. None of the "usual" slots held anything but Otter and Wolf sign. Couldn't cross in a coupla places,where I like to cross,so did The Blowdown Dance and left plenty of sweat behind. Got to THE money Slot and couldn't catch a fucking cold,so shrugged shoulders and was gonna trudge off,after cleaning up my reel. So I tossed a Tinsel Town to where I've never struck a fish,beneath a Dainty float snubbed to the Sampo. Was paying ZERO attention and my shit went out of sight,though it was barely shin deep(with only a Medium Clacker for "weight"). Reeled in and hot a CHROME Peanut,that musta squirted on the tide?!? Figured it a "fluke" and did it again. Then again and again and again.(grin)

Cookie Cutter Chromer Lady Bitches,which ain't as "bad" as it sounds. Reminded me of Afognak and catching Silvers in similar water,with beach break on their stern. Nothing like a Little Chief grill atop a beach fire,with barely dead Chrome cooking on the works. It's been 30yrs and nobody that was there,has "forgotten" those times. That's when videocameras mostly took VHS tapes.

Anywhooo...Cookies and THE consumate "High Snout" #2 Owner tire tracks.

I shoulda carved directions and a Date,in something that nobody else will ever see.(grin)

I'm gonna sleep in and holster Rifles and Rods tomorrow.

Give or take..................(grin)
That's an epic picture with the tree, thanks for sharing

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I need to slow down in this harsh light,grab the tripod and shoot High Key B&W's.

It's all there.

But I cain't set a rod down.(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
That's an epic picture with the tree, thanks for sharing

What's funny,is slipping around on the moss carpet(by design) and when someone says "I hear something!". Well fuck...I can't hear an Otter fuck or a Bird squeak and just BARELY a Woof howl. I Grock'd a Ptarmigan,had an Otter use me(I was casting) and who knows what the fuck else my ears missed?!?(grin)

I was the only guy catching fish and was fairly fucking certain,I was having FUN.

Reactions: Brazo

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I love those old Brownings. After my Dad died the old swede down the road took pity on me and took me to his monthly skeet club dinner. I got turned loose with a 20 ga. and a shopping bag of reloads while he bullshitted with the other old guys. Pretty much heaven for a ten year old kid. His was older than this and had the round grip, and I'd pay a fortune for it if I knew where it was.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Actually got into it,for what I think is really right and would do it again. They are THE Classic in my book and I could see where if one wasn't careful,he'd soon have a herd.......................(grin)