data-csrf="1714192847,9a141c07a20736b4b1283d31b0f6c1e6" What's the best way to liquidate...asking for a friend... | As Real As It Gets

What's the best way to liquidate...asking for a friend...

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
So, as previously observed multiple times, I'm a certified rimfire idiot with way to much time......which leads to awesome finds, especially the rimfire kind.

I'm not a fan of selling and rarely do I even trade, but I now find myself, through a series of great timing and dumb luck picking up:

- another Vudoo that I planned and ordered - a lightweight I shall name Stealth, because it's carbon fiber and shit
- an Anschutz that has been on my Holy Grail list - a 1727 Trainer and I didn't need, don't need... but damn it, I wanted it
- an Anschutz 1416 Manners that was too good of a deal to pass up - this is replacing the 64 MPR for nasty weather
- a TacSol X-Ring - for a local steel match that is starting
- another Vudoo that a great friend ordered and has decided to sell to fund a supercharger for his Mustang....complete with a NF 7-35 ATACR
- a 4" S&W 2206 - had a bunch of 422's and 622's, but never one of these

With all that said, I've got a bunch of rifles, scopes and pistols that need new homes. I don't pay a lot of attention to the classifieds on the various forums, but it seems to be hit and miss with what works best in ads. I'll probably end up with several going to Gunbroker, but figure I'll try the Hide, the Fire and a few others before GB.

For those who sell in the classifieds, or buy from them, am I better off to list rifles with scopes or without? Shipping included or separate? If it's a caliber I don't see going back to, ammo included or separate?

Obliged for the insight!

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I’d definitely recommend separating the scopes and rifles. I usually give the buyer of a rifle all the fired brass I have, loaded ammo as well if they want to cover shipping or it’s a FTF deal. I don’t have any rifles I interchange ammo with, except the few I shoot factory in, so it does me no good to keep it.

If you have rimfires, I’d take them to the matches in Saltville or the ones at Kettlefoot and see if you get any interest, if you haven’t already.

I sole a bunch last year in the Trade Times, but be prepared for a ton of lowball offers, tire kickers, and off the wall trade offers.

I’ve had good luck on the classifieds, and wouldn’t be afraid to list them after I tried to sell locally. I’ve bought/sold probably 30+, and have only had 2 minor issues.

The local interest in hunting rifles should pick up consoderably soon. I’ll be glad to spread the word or a list of what you have to sell.

Reactions: Rolltide

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Oh, and shipping has went up considerably. Used to be about $35 at USPS here. Last one I shipped out, headed to Shaen in CA, was $63 and some change. Something to consider.

Apr 3, 2010
LOL, I actually like selling stuff on Gunbroker. I don't mind tripping things I consider past mistakes. And there has been a few. Dibs on any lefties.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I appreciate the feedback. Buying is definitely easier Stick!

30, no luck on the lefties, but I did see a great deal on a Kimber 82 left hand last week.

Lineman, I may take a few along with me to the matches.

I'm not in a place where I have to sell a bunch, I'm just tired of moving them out of the way...1st world problems...

J-Hon

Administrator
Dec 11, 2007
Northern Ky
Definitely would separate the scopes, especially the high end stuff.

Post that shit up here too... What's the deets on the 1727?